User Tag List

Page 750 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 250 650 700 740 748 749 750 751 752 760 800 850 1250 1750 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm sitting here with my 2nd cup of blessed coffee.., watching a commercial for "23 and me" dna kits and I'm thinking....years ago we were told not to talk to strangers, and now we're being encouraged to send our DNA to strangers!! Boggles the mind!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I'm sitting here with my 2nd cup of blessed coffee.., watching a commercial for "23 and me" dna kits and I'm thinking....years ago we were told not to talk to strangers, and now we're being encouraged to send our DNA to strangers!! Boggles the mind!!!

Government Conspiracies! They've been collecting and creating a DNA bank, similar to what they've been doing with the Svalbard Global Seed Vault...only this is so the Government and selectively breed in the future!

I've said too much...if you don't hear from me in the next 10 minutes...they've come to get me...it's too late...pretend you never read this and deny ever know me!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Dec 19th, 2018 at 08:08 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan ?! Are you okay? Spreading conspiracy theories can result in a gang of "suits" bursting into your office and 'suggesting' you accompany them into a window-blackened-out limo!! Can you hide under your desk?!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are drempt of in your philosophy...." takes on a much more sinister meaning in this day and age, Dan, doesn't it?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LoL, @Lynn49 , I'm here!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Yep I feel so much better sickie-wise - I am so glad, and hope it stays that way!

Sleep wasn't good, though, bummer.

Our son came by after work with a beautiful box of home baking he got from a work neighbor, made by the owner's wife. He gave them to us, since he said they are getting a lot of baking in for the guys at the shop.

Such a beutiful variety - I chanced having a spritz shortbread mini cookie and later a ginger cookie.
    I obviously have done no baking, but still hope to make at least a few of the guys' faves with their help.

Christmas food will have to be bare bones this year, unfortunately.

I envy everyone's preps for Christmas, from decor to baking, cooking, gift shopping, etc. I miss it all!

Enjoy whatever this wacky Wednesday brings you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  .facebook_1544840058904.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  85.8 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning Folks! Thousands of thing to do.
    Sunny and plus 4 today so the pounding on the roof has begun. There are little bits of Styrofoam from whatever they are doing, all over the neighbourhood.

Cleaned out the fridge of expired left-overs before I went to bed as it is garbage day today. I totally forgot about the yummy stew left-overs. Boo Hoo!

I am going to a Solstice party on Friday night. I saw on Facebook, a cool sweatshirt with the words from the beginning theme song of The Outlander on the front. I was tempted but I don't really wear sweatshirts and it wouldn't have arrived before the party and I just have to stop spending.

Well, the day calls and I have to make sure that I just take it easy -my toe is still twinging after a night of rest- but maybe I was running in my sleep like doggies do.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I would love to have my DNA tested by 23 and Me, but I don't like the idea of it floating around out there. I know you know what I mean. I'm sure it's harmless but what if.........

@danger_dan - Normally, I'd make a comment about tin foil hats, but........
    @Natalka - I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better! And posting kitty picture to boot!

Now it's my turn to feel like crap. Second cold in as many months. I had a good run but all good things must come to an end, I guess. Two years without a proper cold. Now this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hope you feel better Jays
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoJays , you have every right to be suspicious about what happens to your most private DNA samples~!

DNA testing market has exploded—worth approximately $99 million in 2017 and expected to increase to $310 million by 2022—concerns have also grown about the use of genetic data. Many consumers don’t realize that their personal info may be shared with third-party companies and there have been complaints raised that the companies’ terms of service are not always clear about their policies in such matters.

The FTC probe appears to have been prompted by a letter from Sen.Chuck Schumer last November, in which the senate minority leader expressed concern that popular at-home DNA test kits could be putting consumer privacy at great risk:
    “Besides, putting your most personal genetic information in the hands of third parties for their exclusive use raises a lot of concerns, from the potential for discrimination by employers all the way to health insurance. That’s why I am asking the Federal Trade Commission to take a serious look at this relatively new kind of service and ensure that these companies have clear, fair privacy policies and standards for all kinds of at-home DNA test kits. We don’t want to impede research but we also don’t want to empower those looking to make a fast buck or an unfair judgement off your genetic information.

More than 92 million accounts from the genealogy and DNA testing service MyHeritage were found on a private server, the company announced earlier this month.

They're already being targeted by companies who are privy to DNA information to receive "diet" information!

To Get Bigger, 23andMe Is Watching A Hundred Thousand People Diet

A spokesperson for 23andMe indicated on Friday that a comment was forthcoming, but has yet to respond as of Tuesday afternoon.
    It wouldn’t be the first time the agency took action to protect consumers of genetic tests. In 2014, it filed charges against Genelink Inc. and L’Oréal for “purported personalized genomics products,” related to their marketing of nutrigenetic and dermagenetic products. The two companies settled the charges later that year.

Bottom line, @GoJays ? DON'T DO IT!

Now this may be a rumour, or it may be true because who'd make something like this up....but here in town, there was a murder committed 20 years ago...a young girl working ALONE in a video store. Suddenly her killer was arrested just a week or so ago!! Why? Rumour is that a member of the family submitted DNA to one of the companies, which was "flagged" (which I assume was on the authority of police), which subsequently led the police to the killer.
    I don't know it this is true or not, but it's a stretch for someone to just make this story up....otherwise how on earth was he apprehended after all this time?? The police did have DNA evidence from the scene of the murder, but no matches.....one detective just said it was thanks to "emerging technology".

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays sure am hoping you get better soon!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

St. Nicholas Day on the Julian calendar today.

My Dad assisting St. Nicholas long ago when we lived in Hafford SK

Name:  .facebook_1545237795865.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  256.4 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 19th, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information