User Tag List

Page 836 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 336 736 786 826 834 835 836 837 838 846 886 936 1336 1836 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,540 of 29339
Like Tree118491Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Preeda, their dare-devil!
    Obviously I donèt feel like working today. At anything. Sigh.....although itès time to fix this keyboard somehow, if anyone has any suggestions, Ièm all ears! Hahaha!!
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning friends.
    Sh!tty morning commute in...tomorrow and the next day are look pretty crappy too...
    Have a wonderful day folks.
    Yup... @danger_dan I WAS planning on browsing a few shops and whatever, but unless I can find me a trusty camel to keep on hand ( see video! ) I ain't venturing out!!
    Poor DH , they gotta go in early tomorrow, a training session or something?

@Lynn49 I guess you'll eventually hear what on earth caused such a mysterious infection in your cousin...hopefully very soon!
    @avoncallingu LOVED the way you described that pooch of your brother's as " thinks he's a lap dog! " ha ha
    The bigger ones often do.

Physio was awesome this morning...I've been told " no more modified " versions for planks and a few other exercises as I have improved enough to join the regular gang.. Hooray....I think?
    Then got the 2nd dose of the Shingles vaccine after class and was back home in my cozy jammies before noon!

Take special care on your drive tomorrow everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hah!!! Fixed!! So simple! How it changed in the first place, remains a mystery.

Is everyone having a wonderful day, or like me...still sipping coffee hoping for a burst of energy
    or inspiration??

Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Suda is absolutely beautiful, @Lynn49 - her fur looks so very soft.

Yes, I miss snuggling and cuddling Vader, especially listening to her purring as it relates me. I miss playing with her, watching her go nuts with her tennis ball, and just all her antics.

She at least gets Milan over to see her every few days, for a good snuggle and play session.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Preeda is gorgeous, too - we cross-posted, I didn't mean to leave her out.

It will be interesting to see if their markings will change still.
    Taffy was born with just a dark nose, and I think it was almost a year before she got the full 'mask' on her face. Same with the main colour of her coat, it started off-white, and it changed to the lovely Taffy colour. Well, she really should have been called toffee, because Taffy can come in all kinds of colours.

Lunch is on the way. I rarely remember what I ordered the day before, so it's like a surprise!

Oh, but I do remember what's for supper, yuck, so Milan will bring supper for us.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Back from the adventure of getting rid of my bed. The original place wouldn't take it but suggested a place that helps to train needy residents. They happily took it and will have their workers tidy up some blemishes.

Poor Tootie really wanted to growl at my friend who helped me and then was quite upset when I left. I returned to a mournfully yowling little girl. Oh, broke my heart.

I'm going out to my meditation meeting tonight, so do I dare to leave her again in between? She's suffering from everything changing around her so maybe just a quiet afternoon would be in order.

Well, I do have plenty of stuff to work on here.

Will chat later.

@Lynn49 - can they request that your cousin be transferred to one of the other hospitals. What if a surreptitious phone call was made to infection control Canada? Surely they would want to know when a mystery bacteria had arrived in Canada.

Take care!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , her infection is identified as MRSA. I'm not sure where that device that she came home wearing, but it was invasive surgery...it looked like a metal rolling pin from just above her wrist, then into the part between her thumb and finger....I honestly don't know how it was attached or whether it was done in Havana or Veradero, it's all a little murky, I suspect she's on heavy pain meds. Anyway........that'll have to be dealt with before her surgery, of course.
    I don't know much about MRSA, or how it's treated, but hopefully she's in good hands.

Thanks for your concern, @avoncallingu , and poor, sweet Tootie. She's such a delicate little girl, I'm sure you're right about all the changes, strangers, anybody disrupting her peace, poor muffin. Yep, some quiet time with mommy is the best medicine.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Preeda is gorgeous, too - we cross-posted, I didn't mean to leave her out.

It will be interesting to see if their markings will change still.
    Taffy was born with just a dark nose, and I think it was almost a year before she got the full 'mask' on her face. Same with the main colour of her coat, it started off-white, and it changed to the lovely Taffy colour. Well, she really should have been called toffee, because Taffy can come in all kinds of colours.

Lunch is on the way. I rarely remember what I ordered the day before, so it's like a surprise!

Oh, but I do remember what's for supper, yuck, so Milan will bring supper for us.
    Lol...ah the things we miss from home! Like good food! Hahaha! I didn't mind the food here in our hospital except breakfast which I learned to basically order a couple of yogurts and some fruit, lol. Usually safe bets..

I looked at that jewellry, wow those prices would keep me from ordering them, lol....they are pretty, though.

Ugh...just saw our prediction of 15-30 cm of snow tomorrow! When will the madness end?!?! I don't think I'll warm up outside until mid-August! It's been such a nice couple if days, all melty yesterday, sunny today....stupid winter!

Well...off to do nothing! Totally unmotivated today!
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi @Lynn49 ! My DH had MRSA. It lingers on the skin but then rushes in if there is a break in the skin. That is why he had to stop shaving after his last bout.
    Usually picked up at hospitals. It took them many tries to find an antibiotic that would work on it as it is anti-biotic resistant. The worry is that it might get into the blood system and cause sepsis.

DH had to be isolated with all of the equipment that was being used with him. It was why he always had to have an isolated room after that because it doesn't go away. It was the reason why he could not donate any of his tissues after his passing. He did recover from the symptoms the first time but had to be on home based IV 24/7 at home for 4 weeks and it took them 6 tries to find an anti-biotic that worked.
    The reason that they won't go ahead with surgery would probably be that they want to prevent it from spreading into her system.
    The possibility of contracting MRSA is the reason that people get sent home from hospitals so quickly.

Hopefully she heals quickly.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Feb 11th, 2019 at 02:47 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

MRSA is the scourge of many hospitals.
    So many things have changed in hospital since my last long stay, purely for precautionary reasons because there were past outbreaks.

In physio, they brought that piece of equipment for me to try, but I could not do it. Because of my pain, I need the momentum of rocking a few times before I can stand, whereas the machine wants you to just stand, using your knees.

This is the machine - they tried me at 60, then 80 pounds of counter-weight, but it didn't matter.
    So of course I had a cry, of frustration!

http://www.rmmedicalsales.com/~shop/...rainer/223569/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi @Lynn49! My DH had MRSA. It lingers on the skin but then rushes in if there is a break in the skin. That is why he had to stop shaving after his last bout.
    Usually picked up at hospitals. It took them many tries to find an antibiotic that would work on it as it is anti-biotic resistant. The worry is that it might get into the blood system and cause sepsis.

DH had to be isolated with all of the equipment that was being used with him. It was why he always had to have an isolated room after that because it doesn't go away. It was the reason why he could not donate any of his tissues after his passing. He did recover from the symptoms the first time but had to be on home based IV 24/7 at home for 4 weeks and it took them 6 tries to find an anti-biotic that worked.
    The reason that they won't go ahead with surgery would probably be that they want to prevent it from spreading into her system.
    The possibility of contracting MRSA is the reason that people get sent home from hospitals so quickly.

Hopefully she heals quickly.

I remember your Hubby being knocked down with that also, @avoncallingu , and what he went through; if she had that "thing" put on or into her in the hospital at Varadero, it's quite possible she contracted it there, but would it show up so quickly, within a few days? Yes, she's in complete isolation, so I'm assuming her family would have to be fully protected to visit her, or would they be allowed in at all, I wonder?
    I hope by now medicine has found the antibiotic that works with it, but then again, it's such an invasive bacteria (virus?) that it adapts pretty quickly to new drugs, which is the problem, I imagine.
    She certainly has a long road ahead of her....first getting rid of MRSA, then her surgery with pins, etc, then a stay-at-home time, then physio...I doubt she'll be back to work by spring....poor kid.
    @Natalka , don't they have a lovely bevy of machines to torture us with? You'll be able to do that eventually, perhaps it was just a little early in your recovery, but if you don't try, how will you know, right? Time, Hon......and patience...and boredom....

Take good care, Nat and don't be disappointed, you will get there!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Newfiescreech I'll keep you in my thoughts as you travel to yet another funeral. Often they can come in waves, there were a few celebrations of life in succession for both DH and my own family a few years back.
    You are wonderful at giving comfort to all of us here on sc , so your presence back with your Dad's family will surely be welcomed and appreciated.

I did my quick in and out to my massage appt. then hit NF and was safe back home before that nasty freezing rain git real ugly. However, the wiper blades froze to the windshield as I totally forgot to lift them when I entered the clinic. Did an odd thing before i left the house though.....( totally unrelated )

I have this huge deep fry pan that you can use safely in the oven so I gave it a healthy spray of EVOO and filled it with chopped onion, 1 quartered up fresh lemon, bell peppers, carrots, celery, and 4 large skinless ( bone in ) chicken breasts. I " herbed " the chicken up plenty with parsley, paprika, Italian seasoning ( a no salt version ) and black pepper.
    Oven was at 275, I covered the pan.
    When I returned from my appt and shopping of course I had forgotten all about putting that in the oven. The welcoming aroma reminded me. That will be a work meal " of some kind " for the guys.
    Thanks walkonby sure appreciate your kind words ..it was go see all of our family ..Especially family that doesn’t live in Newfoundland anymore .dont get see those family members much anymore ..i think last time we were all together ...was back in 1985 on my grandparents 50th Anniversary ..seems like we just can’t get everyone home same time .plus with few of ones that passed away makes it even harder .guess thats all part off life ..like i say it’s my family today and someone else’s tomorrow.
    Natalka, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So....my cousin in Thunder Bay: first day of vacation in Cuba, fell, broke her wrist (not knows it's shattered), flew home...arm infected. Now she's in isolation, doctor doesn't recognize the type of infection/bacteria that caused it, so her surgery to fix her wrist is put off until they can get the infection under control.
    I'm really concerned....what on earth could have caused such a mysterious infection that her doctor said he "doesn't recognize it"?? I don't have many details, I just emailed her and asked a dozen or so questions, poor kid.....I can't even imagine how scared she is right now......
    So sorry hear about Your cousin Lynn ..sending my thoughts and prayers sweetie that everything works out for her .
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Thread Information