User Tag List

Page 834 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 334 734 784 824 832 833 834 835 836 844 884 934 1334 1834 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Natalka - please don't be silent about about the treatment you received today. Please ask to speak to the head nurse and also to your doctor. What she was asking you to do was dangerous for you. It could really have set you back on your healing journey.Most hospitals have a 0 tolerance for verbal abuse which this definitely falls into. Hugs to you, sweetie! You didn't need or deserve that kind of treatment!

@Lynn49 -wow! I hope that company is prevented from doing any more blasting! How is your daughter after her falls on the ice? I just cringed when you described that!

How is DJ accepting his new sisters? They sound like a wonderful addition to their family.

I guess a couple "fell in love" with the apartment this afternoon and the landlady is optimistic. Other people went through too.

My amaryllis that I purchased just after Christmas is juuust about to flower. There are 2 spikes at present but one has 4 blooms coming out. Unfortunately, I am seeing gnats hanging around it. I may try to spray it and it's neighbour's with a concoction that my neighbour told me about.

I may phone Bell Canada this evening to cancel my service. I don't look forward to spending another 2 hours on the phone like I did with Rogers. But this time, I am cancelling service so it should be easier.

My friends took Tootie and I in for lunch today while our apartment was being shown. They got tickets for the Maple Leafs and Senators last Wednesday from a friend. The weather was terrible -schools were shut so they took the train in and the bus back. They were elated as they are real Leafs fans!

Well, I am going to go do some packing-related task while I feel some energy.

Have a good and safe evening.

See ya later!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Happy Caturday!

Just had a shower, ahhhhhh!

However, ran into an insensitive boor of a nurse or aide. The portable lift had already been brought into the room, along with the shower chair - and she questioned me as to why I couldn't walk and step from the bed to the chair. I would explain, and she would question again - all in a very ugly, demeaning tone.
    The way she was going at me made me feel sick...
    Then she hurt me during the lift - not saying it was deliberate. She said that was the only way she could do it. I said I had been lifted with this before and it never happened. She said well maybe the straps were different.

So it made me cry, more than once already.

The day can only get better after that!
    @Natalka I am so sorry you had a very rough morning. That nurse/aid was very rude and in my opinion she is in the wrong profession. I agree with @Lynn49 and @avoncallingu its a form.of abused I hope you let you Dr knows about it . You don't need people around who will bring you down
    Hoping the rest of the if the day was better.((((HUGS))))

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, you absolutely have to say something about that boor. She has to either be corrected or removed completely. Don't put up with that sort of treatment. It's difficult enough for you to be there without having to put up with a biotch like that. Please let us know how things turn out with that one. I've love to hear that she was taken care of.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dat's me...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @GoJays - sometimes I feel that you are right in my head!

Happy Sunday!

It's so darned nice to see and feel the sun through my window, but it's -39 windchill out there! Only reason I am glad to be in.

Slept decently - I went to sleep after nine, woke up at 11 for a while, but was able to get back to sleep for most of the night. Woke up with ridiculously painful left leg so I got meds early, then just got into that z-position which really eases the stress on both legs.

Milan moved yesterday, then called his dad to go for supper with him and the friend who helped him move. Instead of going home after, husband came by here with a teen burger and fries. So sweet of him. Cold fries are gross, but the burger was great. (Because of infection control, patients can no longer use the nuker on the ward, nor keep things in the fridge - bummer!)

He will help our son with some moving today - like with Milan's tv, so it goes in our van instead of an open truck.

Aw, he just msgd me that he slept in, used his new toaster and microwave - and that he's enjoying the place already!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Some of the Disney jewellery is quite lovely!

https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/col...009?loadMore=2

My birthstone is garnet, and I can be a bit of an evil queen

https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/enc...9/p/V-20290299

Love this, the bow design

https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/enc...d/p/V-20109014

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, @GoJays - sometimes I feel that you are right in my head!
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

GoJays - a good thing, I thought at the time...
    Anyone who can broach the convoluted mass which is my brain, is a star!

And somewhat related... My marijuana doctor was just here to check me out. I need a better name for him. (My son's name for me has changed from Star Wars Mom to Stoner Mom!)

After having a good talk with the Dr, he decided to keep all meds the same. I agreed. He was relatively calm when he came by, most times he is rather frenetic. I had talked with my social worker about him, I thought he may have classic ADD, she thought perhaps autism.
    He is very young for a doc, exceptionally smart, intuitive, but you really have to listen carefully and lead him back to focus, instead of him jumping all over the place. I like him a lot.

So, lunch is done. If physio doesn't come, I will do steps with the nurse. The exercises I can do on my own, the assistant is off for the weekend.

Have a restful and/or fun afternoon!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, all!

Dh drove me to ...hang on...our last ..... crap! Our last skier just fell!! After such a perfect run! 4th ... we did get 3rd place, though.

Anyway, just got home from Fabricland; I tried to do a walkthrough at WM, but just didn't have the energy. I took my BP when I got home and its low which explains my dizziness. My losing weight is playing with my BP again, I guess.

Nothing else going on, I made myself a "bullet coffee", lol, and just relaxing now.

@Natalka , I bet Milan is breathing a huge sigh of relief in his new home, wallowing in his privacy! What a smart move, bet you can't wait to visit him!

Hope everyone's enjoying the day!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka hope you are feeling OK today. Sorry for any nonsense you are dealing with.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! Went to church -felt great. I did my first schpiel (?)about the garage sale which will come up July 1. I dressed up in a Canada Day sweatshirt and shared some of the "treasures" that I would be contributing- a few laughs were had.
    I took my BrotherR out to lunch with some people from church.
    Came home and took Tootie out twice. She peed but wouldn't poop or eat and just kept making pitiful sounds. I put a little jacket on her, thinking she might be chilly and then I was inexplicably incredibly tired- sweaty and shaky so I have taken an advil, eaten a bit of chocolate and come to bed. Tootie seems quite happy with that idea, but I have a list of things to be done and this is not moving them forward.

Tuesday into Wednesday is supposed to be another-snow-freezing rain event so I have to get some things accomplished tomorrow.

I am going to try to catch a few zzz 's. As I was leaving the restaurant, I noticed teams playing Basketball and thought that I had better pay attention to rankings and who's doing what, as March Madness Brackets will be due soon.

Catch you later!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1549498130973.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  28.2 KB

Thread Information