User Tag List

Page 864 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 364 764 814 854 862 863 864 865 866 874 914 964 1364 1864 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, but it must contain raisins. As must butter tarts. I am in the raisins in butter tarts camp!

Morning, all!! Happy Sunday! Enjoy your day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Gosh....I have really enjoyed reading back about 3 pages worth of posts, should have brewed and sipped a coffee while doing it but oh well..... I learn so much from them.

I am now an expert on cacti, have an unexplained fear of train travel, envy people who grew up with mountains in their backyards, feel prepared for the Spring forward clock change, laughed at dogs in laps, gals in skirts standing on glass floors? and counted my blessings at NOT having caught a nasty cold or flu bug OR having had to endure the crazy February temps out Sask. way........" bikini weather " my ar*e! " ha ha .

Today was a run-a-round day. Some of it was fruitful I suppose. Another Blue Friday at Sobeys!!
    I redeemed 1140 of my AM which paid for my entire order ( came to $120.00 ) and then I earned 431 AM right back in the process!! woo hoo

I truly benefited from my massage appt. this morning
    On Thurs. early in the a.m. Rufus had bounded out to the backyard. He had been whining non stop to go out so I relented forgetting that their was a good 4 feet of freshly fallen fluffy snow out there.
    He hopped his way down 2 deck levels, was now up to his neck ( Shih Tzu short legs! ) and because of his blindness hecould not figure out how to get back up to me at the door.

I quickly donned my DS's size 14 knee high thick rubber boots, grabbed my coat and mitts and went on a rescue mission.
    Naturally Murphy had enough sense NOT to go down there, no instead he chose to bark non stop on the top deck level ....his way of telling me Rufus was " stuck in the well? " ha ha

I scoop up Rufus and on the way back up I do the best Funny Home Video pratfall ever! Straight up and smashed down on my tushie! Rufus was cradled into my chest on impact, but wriggled free and found his way up to the back door.
    I laughed at my situation, muttered a few words and then got up, took 2 more steps and fell again!
    o.k. so now I realized it's not me OR the boots....there was tons of ice under all that snow.

At this point Murphy is still barking, which I am sure our neighbours all appreciated at that early hour.
    Once up at the door, the thing would not slide open. I tried not to panic.
    Removed my mitten, grabbed the handle firmly and gave a heave of a pull only to fall one more time!

Both boots were filled with snow ( of course I had no socks on ) ....I laughed so much....felt like a kid again.
    After the cleanup inside I wondered if I would have any owies the next day....so happy I felt nothing!
    But......then as I said at massage today.....boy did he find the owie spots! he worked them all out too.

I want Spring to come NOW!!!!!
    Ohhhh goodness gracious walkonby..you sure did have a rough morning ..trying rescue your dog and then trying to rescue yourself back to deck lol 😝 size 14 boots 🥾 good golly maid ..bad size on ya feet trying to get around in ..plus the ice underneath and snow didnt help that situation out any ..thank goodness you didn’t break anything ..few owies was kind of expected ..or even bruise 🦅 eagle sometimes ..main thing ..you got good laugh 😆 and you didnt break any body parts ..so have wonderful weekend..thats for Sunday afternoon chuckles..i could just Picture this as i was reading it 🙃 😜 😝 yes !! Sorry ..but i laugh that much I nearly pee in me pants 👖 lol 😝
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  8C2F7D6E-4B02-4C79-A0D4-16F994CD2611.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  33.0 KB[ATTACH]349247[/ATTACH

-2 here now and sun is shining ..hopefully good sign that spring is just around corner 🌺
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Name:  i-will--about-heat-i-will--about-cold-27403509.png
Views: 134
Size:  109.3 KB
    Last edited by kool_105; Sun, Mar 3rd, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Natalka and barbis9 like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I had never tasted bread pudding until several weeks ago in hospital. Obviously I will not rely on that for a decent example of it - but others who had eaten it previously said it was actually pretty good. I liked the sauce, and only the browned bits from top and side. The mushy rest of it grossed me out.

They make some very good desserts here and, yes, they make them. My fave is is tripleberry crumble. My fave cookies here are the oatmeal cranberry - a nice hint of cinnamon and they are bendy. For cake, the lemon cake is fab - it's got a heavy crumb and may be a poke cake, it's mega lemony. They also do a good banana cake and a fair carrot cake (sometimes can be too dense).

Butter tarts? Ew to raisins or plain, but with pecans, yummers!

Great, now I want baking, as I gnaw on apple slices....

Really rough night here, and day so far. I will not even start with the whining...

Milan will come this aft when I have physio.

Have a great rest of the day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

This is SO cute! Sigh, kittens!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello everyone! @walkonby -I chuckled but in a reserved way about your deck adventures. If you remember, something like that was how our friend Hicks broke her leg a couple of years back. I was pretty sure that day2 was going to be your comeupance but you are obviously made of tough stuff ! My DH fell on black ice on our porch on my birthday a few years ago and broke 6 ribs in 12 places. He didn't sleep in bed after that for many weeks. Lounger was the only place he was comfortable.

Well, through various fundraisers at our church about $2000 has been raised for my nephew and his trip to Colombia. He will turn 18 while he is away. The whole church "commissioned" him to go and spread love and kindness to this village that is very special to him. Everyone stood and said a prayer and he shook hands with all the members of the church counsel and made a promise to use his talents for the benefit of others. (I was crying, of course, thinking back to when this tall, handsome, very shy young man came into the world -2 months early and purple from head to toe.) God spared his life then and now, he is making the lives of others better! There are miracles all around us!

I must get busy. The new tenants are coming in after supper to measure. It would be nice if they could get near the windows.

I have been giving Tootie a little 1/2 low dose aspirin. I haven't been able to find any actual baby aspirin anywhere. See finished her tramadol the other day and has seemed a little restless. I think she still has some pain.

See ya later, folks! Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , it's just a blue coated 80mg "aspirin"...@ Jenny's weight she can tolerate one, perhaps a 1/2 pill for Tootie.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well the verdict is in myself and family does not like bread pudding. No wonder I never made it before.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Love it!!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Thread Information