User Tag List

Page 1384 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 384 884 1284 1334 1374 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1394 1434 1484 1884 ... LastLast
Results 20,746 to 20,760 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby Happy Birthday to your DD sounds like you all had fun last night. As for Thor yes he has to have insulin in the morning and night and he is on a strict diet no treats for now . It’s a total life change for him and us.
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning my SC friends.
    Another Cool day went for a quick walk this morning.

Now I am on doggy duty Thor had the runnings since yesterday not sure what’s going on but if it continues until tomorrow a trip to the vet is required . He is on the same diet so not sure what’s going on with him . He was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months a go so we can’t take his food away from him. Hoping it resolve itself before the day is out.

Have a great day all
    @flemeth , our Jenny had that problem over much of the summer, just very runny, we tried everything but not changing her diet, so I called the owner of Pet Food Warehouse to find out if she sells anything that could help, and she said yes, she did, but first try this: add canned pumpkin (not the filling) to her meals, mix it in and hopefully that'll help. I wasn't hopeful since I once offered her pumpkin and she turned her nose up. However, we started with smaller portions in her food, mixed it in (my Hubby makes her food and she has kibble available when she feels peckish) and she was fine with it and we gradually increased the amount so that now she can eat a tbsp+ in her food.

Her poops have gradually improved and are now well formed...not runny, not hard. (Sorry for the graphic descriptions). Jenny is a Doxie, so I imagine your Thor will require more. It took over a week to start sending results, and it was gradual, but we have had success!

I hope this can help Thor, also....good luck.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Sep 20th, 2020 at 10:52 AM.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@flemeth , I hope my little suggestion helps your dear Thor.

Not much going on today, just watching the news, particularly wrt the increasing covid numbers here in Ontario. The police just need to actually FINE someone $10k for hosting a large private gathering and stifling those idiotic parties. Just do it! I hold out no hope, however.

Ok! Off to find something to do!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Did the shut down get to you? Well listen to this poor soul and tell me you did not feel the same way on the inside?

Thanks WOB. Felt so sad for this little girl. No ice cream truck!? That's the worst. Nice the parents let her vent and work through it all. Loved how she solved her own problem at the end--> if you have an IPOD, that solves everything!
    Felt
    Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @flemeth, our Jenny had that problem over much of the summer, just very runny, we tried everything but not changing her diet, so I called the owner of Pet Food Warehouse to find out if she sells anything that could help, and she said yes, she did, but first try this: add canned pumpkin (not the filling) to her meals, mix it in and hopefully that'll help. I wasn't hopeful since I once offered her pumpkin and she turned her nose up. However, we started with smaller portions in her food, mixed it in (my Hubby makes her food and she has kibble available when she feels peckish) and she was fine with it and we gradually increased the amount so that now she can eat a tbsp+ in her food.

Her poops have gradually improved and are now well formed...not runny, not hard. (Sorry for the graphic descriptions). Jenny is a Doxie, so I imagine your Thor will require more. It took over a week to start sending results, and it was gradual, but we have had success!

I hope this can help Thor, also....good luck.
    Thank you @Lynn49 I am not sure if I can add anything to his diet since he is diabetic. Before we would have add sweet potatoes which work for him don’t want his blood sugar to be too high. Hoping the vet has a suggestion that can work with his meds
    Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!
    Hope you all are out enjoying the sun, or doing something fun, or just resting!

I seem to be just spending my time healing, a long and still painful process.
    Nurse came Friday, sees def healing in the worst place - new skin growth.
    I am having all the side effects from the new meds, so I am yucky. Oh, so yucky.

Thank goodness for my husband and cat, they keep me sane!

Nuffin else new.

Big hugs to you all!

Name:  facebook_1600539215898_6713148035399315604.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  160.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Sep 20th, 2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Silk, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Glad to hear you're on the mend @Natalka , even though it comes with awful side effects

Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning peeps.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Still kind of cool. Thor is feeling much better today.
    @Natalka happy to hear you are getting better even though the meds are making feel yuck.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh...I can't make the "like" thing work...this page onlly semi-loads for a while and....well there it goes! I can do that now. Gah.

So! @flemeth , so happy to read that Thor's feeling better..dont they just break our hearts when they're unwell. I just looked up pumpkin puree and there's only 5gm of natural sugar in 1/2C, so 1 tbsp would have very little, so if he's experiencing that again, it may help, although for sure I don't know the amount of sugar he can have in a day.

@Natalka , one skirmish is successfully finished, but more battles in your war. Wishing you the best....and much better health.

@GoJays , Robin William's, gone too soon... His performance in What Dreams May Come was so moving...one of my and our DDs favourite movies. I still won't believe he voluntarily committed suicide.

I picked up some lovely felt at Michaels yesterday to make a gift tag, 1 for each family members' gifts...white/tan star, heart, gingerbread man, and 2 trailers for our SIL and his Dad. Today I'll start embroidering and beading them to be lightly stuffed and hand blanket-stitched around them. No problem, I have until Christmas!

Hope you're all basking in the lovely FALL sunshine today!
    Natalka, GoJays and cath007 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well it's noon somewhere, ( yeah, I know it's noon here ) so I should get busy posting.
    This morning there were errands to run and by the time I returned home, stashed away the few grocery items, made myself a well deserved coffee and breakfast, watched a minimal amount of tv...yikes! it was nearly noon.
    I will attach a picture, let me know who is the MOST jealous that I have both of these mood lifting items IN my house! O.K. yeah, the sunflower is out back technically, but isn't baby Yoda so darn cute?!? ( A gag b'day gift DD received from a good friend )

CCF20200921.pdf

So I know there are some members who could give a rat's behind about award shows BUT.....hold onto your sequinned gowns because Canadian show Schitt's Creek swept the entire Emmy Comedy category winning everything!! ha ha

So typically Canadian, Dan Levy just had to say " sorry " for making part of his speech political.

I am happy to see you post again @Natalka , ( btw, adorable kitty pic!! ) it seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back with your healing process, but hopefully those meds give you results as well as side effects.
    @flemeth Hooray for Thor's improvement. !!
    @GoJays did ya see that? The Jays actually WON a game yesterday! woo hoo!
    @Lynn49 those felt gift tags sound like a cute item to make everyone feel special at Christmas, but you do that anyways just by being you. I know they appreciate all those small gestures to do with cooking, crafts and big ole hugs. Oops, I guess the hugs are on hold atm....stupid Covid!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

walks, I didn't watch the awards show, and haven't seen the last season of Schitt's - but so we'll deserved for them all!

Good day, all!
    Thought I would drop a note before hopefully sleeping a bit. Four nights with no sleep, maybe two hours during each 24. Can you say Zombie?

Yes, I definitely had to be careful with side effects with the Cipro antibiotic - drat for me being so Uber sensitive that I tend to get the rare or unusual ones. Hardest ones to have to deal with are a very strange dizziness - which I usually have a bit of anyway - but mid last week when my vision got odd, that scared me. And, yes, it's a rare side effect. Peripheral vision was cloudy, but it didn't last for long really, just freaked me out a tad.

The nurse came just before noon - the worst spot on the leg is still yucky and seeping, but you can definitely see where there is new skin growth. The other side of the leg is almost all clear - right leg is totally clear?
    So it has been slow healing, because there is so much to heal, but it's getting better with baby steps.

Lots of other crap body owies, but the above has been the most important and scary.

If today is similar to yesterday, the leg pain will stay levelled out - not so many of the lightning bolts which come out of nowhere, make me help, and hurt like horribly. Still hurts a lot, but I know there is healing, so I am not as crazy about it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Name:  facebook_1600705521293_6713845570784874042.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  42.4 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 04:15 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1600483202162_6712913096761052293.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  73.3 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information