User Tag List

Page 1492 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 492 992 1392 1442 1482 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1502 1542 1592 ... LastLast
Results 22,366 to 22,380 of 29327
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Students, please sit up straight and view the following meme.

Attachment 367193
    IF you understand it right away, then sadly you are too old to be in school!
    Also you were around long before the Me Too movement was founded and actually laughed at Ralph. We all did.

Attachment 367194
    Oh, loved that show, @walkonby ! As with all the others in my "olden days", no swearing, no name-calling, no parts of anyone's anatomy falling out of their clothes, no grubby clothes for that matter. They weren't perfect, but they were kinder.
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ... no parts of anyone's anatomy falling out of their clothes, no grubby clothes for that matter.
    We had some self-respect; 'slob' was not a fashion style or statement.
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

I am exhausted, had not much sleep and a big physio session this morning.
    She had fiddled with the knee brace I had gotten a few years ago, to try make it small enough to fit. It had been custom fitted, but with the big weight loss, I have skinny legs.

She figured it out, so I have it at try this morning, it's for my right knee.

https://www.ossur.com/en-ca/bracing-...e/unloader-one
    It did help me feel a bit more stable, though it's meant for longer walks.

First try, was able to stand with the walker - at first didn't even think I could stand for more than a minute, but fought through the pain and got distracted by talking with her, and I was able to take some side steps instead of shuffling. My descent was not delicate, though! Physio was pumped that I was able to do so much. After about 10 minutes, have it another try but couldn't last as long.
    So, yay me!

Hope y'all are doing great!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad to hear your good news, @Natalka !

Went to the Dr. this morning. All consoling news. Had seen a change in a mole- nothing to fear- unless the change keeps on happening.

He is referring me after an X-ray to a surgeon to see why I have such pain in my hip.

EVERYONE in our building is getting a Covid vaccination on Monday! Yippee do dah! And they are coming to our building to do it!!! Double Yippee!!

I started trying to replace the mechanism and hands on 2 clocks this afternoon. The batteries had corroded in place. I got them all pulled apart with the help of q-tips, vinegar, and needle nosed pliers, but realized that the replacements are just not going to fit, so I will have to peruse Canadian Tireand Home Hardware websites.

Spent last evening trying to match up CDs with CD holders and CD covers, all of which my dear late husband had filed in 3 different places. There is actually a segue between these topics. Started with my getting a free desk. Had to move the CD shelf and put a clock over the desk.

Tonight will be a "Bones" binge with my friend and her visiting doggie, GEM. Tootie is wary of the whole arrangement but GEM stays in a mesh crate on her bed, and only throws back her head and howls at the moon if I get up and walk away.

GEM is all of 6.6 lb. with a zillion times the energy of Tootie. GEM also has Congestive Heart Failure and has a lot of trouble breathing at night but it doesn't stop her running around like a maniac for the rest of the day.

Got to go and get set up for "Bones". Might catch you later.

Stay safe, my friends!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Mar 4th, 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was sent this meme this morning and had to ask the person what the joke was? I just couldn't see it!
    Now that they told me it's ALL I can see....lol!!!

Name:  40819197-2cde-4f55-b8ec-221ca4603f93.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  32.2 KB
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Happy Friday
    Skippy, Natalka, ROMEO and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone!
    Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

finally got our Misty to the vet yesterday. Misty wouldnt go into her cat-cage and the first appointment was cancelled. this was our second try. Anyway, i had a nice long chat with the vet (her business) and she told me there is a shortage of vets. She is the sole vet at her clinic and has 3 techs. She said she starts work at 8AM and usually finishes after curfew. That makes for a very very long day. I asked her about what the QC Govt is doing enlisting veterinarians to give Covid vaccines and she said it will be mostly retired vets who are being retrained for this.

Her clinic is now in the Orange Zone, which here in Quebec, means 1 level below the Red (maximum). So 3 clients were allowed at a time inside the clinic. You have to wait in your car and once somone leaves, you can enter. While i was inside, the receptionist was fielding calls and turning away new patients. People are looking for vets because many have gotten pets during Covid and now they cant find a vet because there is a shortage. I got lucky because my usual vet wanted to charge me $400 to spay Misty but my daughter has a file at the vet and they charge only $200 for spaying. Thats including vaccines and checkup. I had Ti-Min and Precious spayed there also.

Its way out in the country, an hour away from where we live, but it saved me $200, so i dont mind the drive.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

WTG for friday !!!!! Exausting week mentally for me .
    Update news on my father heart health!!!! The good news are still coming I cannot complain!!!! He called me earlier morning to said to me finally he will just have 1 bypass!!!!!! No 3 tubings!!!!! Because it is blocked at 50% and it will resolve by itself with medications.Already taking some since 1 week.They just do tubing when it is blocked at 70% or more.He his a lucky men!!!!!
    He eats well,have monitors and wash himself with a bath clothe and have all of his favorites tv shows on the hospital tv.He have another person with him in his bedroom

He was worried about me but I said I am ok and top of it on everything so no worries
    Beautiful sunny glorious day here

Have a awesome terrific day everyone!!!!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I must admit I miss my dad and was a little bit sad of that but with this news I am happy and have a smile on my face !!! I lived by myself in appart alone 5 years but was in 2007-2012 so i had to relearn to do it.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! I've been trying to work on my time management this week(and hopefully going forward) but have not been successful given I haven't been about here,amongst other things.Slowly but surely I am moving forward in getting dreaded boring but necessary stuff done. My body continues to remind me that there's only so much that can be done and only for short periods of time-sigh..
    That all said the sun is shining brightly and I am still able to move about for which I am thankful.Every bit helps my friends.
    It is encouraging to see @Natalka posting and making progress with her movement, and @avoncallingu health report and @cath007 news about her Dad,and last but not least the usual gang sharing their posts! I am blessed knowing such a bunch like you!
    Have a great weekend one and all!
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Great news, @cath007 ! No wonder you are smiling!

@Skippy - great having you on board, too! I know what you mean about the amount of time you can be productive. I have been working to gather up income tax stuff for my income tax filer. It gives me a headache and my back starts hurting after a while. I seem to have misplaced my reading glasses, which might help.

It is UBER windy here today! My friend and I we thinking about taking the doggies out for a walk at the park- but not with this wind.

Glad you were able to get a new vet, @SnowFlakey ! Half the price for a spay is nothing to sneeze at!

Well, my new filing system for tax-related stuff is calling my name. I'll see if I can give it another 1/2 hr. or so. I just had a Toasted Peanut Butter sandwich and drank some water and took an Advil. I should be good for a while.

Tootie is snoozing away here beside me. She tends to follow me around between her beds so she doesn't lose sight of me. I hope that I don't disturb her.

Enjoy the day. It IS very sunny here which compensates for the howling winds.
    Lynn49, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Where's our resident Blue Bird (@GoJays) been today?
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

(i'm posting an early birthday greeting for gojays since i probably won't be here tomorrow.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GOJAYS!
    hope you have a lovely day with the kidlets!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information