User Tag List

Page 1482 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 482 982 1382 1432 1472 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1492 1532 1582 ... LastLast
Results 22,216 to 22,230 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well good afternoon everyone...
    Looks like work got the better of my morning and i didn't drop in to say hello.

Lots of snow to clear of the deck, drive way and pathways around the house.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Stay warm.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow SC'ers! Although we didn't get as much snow as some.We got enough to make my walk nearly non-existent- six minutes!!
    Sidewalks were shovelled but that wind chill was too much for me(us roos don't like it at all!).So I tucked in my tail and hopped back inside.
    Spent some time looking for one thing and finding all sorts of other things(including some I didn't know about).But what I really wanted was buried too far away in the basement.
    Enjoy the rest of your day my friends and stay safe and warm!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1613488792969_6767462498307593126.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  110.4 KB

This is a Polish chicken. Really.
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Feb 16th, 2021 at 07:03 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Traditional Polish Pączki (Doughnuts) came on sale, so I bought a box for myself and gave one to the Polish family across the street.

They look and taste like regular powdered-sugar doughnuts. Does anyone know if there is any difference?
    Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Unbelievably tiring day. My friend's poor doggie apparently has a few teeth that are rotten. Unfortunately, her heart is not strong enough to withstand surgery of any kind. So the teeth will stay where they are. She's a feisty, happy little girl, though, and will dance her way across that Rainbow Bridge at sometime in the ,probably, not too distant future, sadly.

Both Tootie and her got groomed today, so they look and smell, and probably feel, a lot better.

Time for me to hit the sack, as I have to be at my BrotherB's house by 7:45 tomorrow morning.

Been ripping up files from 2012.

I'll get this all done ,hopefully some day soon.

I didn't get any pancakes today😔.

And I haven't decided to give anything up for Lent.

Our minister played a funny game today.

You type "I've decided to give up for Lent.... and then you type whatever comes up in your "suggestion" list above your keypad.

For instance, I 'll go first.

"I've decided to give up for Lent...Kent Kentucky's first thing." (Not very funny this time, but give it a try if you like.)
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Traditional Polish Pączki (Doughnuts) came on sale, so I bought a box for myself and gave one to the Polish family across the street.

They look and taste like regular powdered-sugar doughnuts. Does anyone know if there is any difference?
    The difference is, is that Pączki donuts are delicious and regular donuts are not. It's all about that filling
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.
    Coffee.
    Work.
    G'Day.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Is it?? Can it be?? Yes!!!! 🐪 HUMP Day has arrived!!! 🐪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5cDMrsiQ8

yeah....your first instincts about my post are right....I'm just looking for anything to commemorate/celebrate.
    Sigh...... Good morning @GoJays and @danger_dan .....carry on with your work.

I am happy the temps have improved a bit for the working members here, bad enough working outdoors, but working indoors when it feels as cold as it is outside is no picnic. Space heaters my arse.

Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Happy Fat Tuesday! Paczki day!
    The difference, @HermanH , is that unlike regular donuts, paczki are made from a rich yeast dough of butter, eggs, rather than a cake-like batter of donuts. So the fillings are wrapped in more like a brioche dough. I'm sure they're out here somewhere, but we won't be going out to find them.
    Thunder Bay really celebrates paczki with their....oh gosh I forget what they're called...I'll check with my cousin.
    PERSIANS! That's what they're called and so yummy! They have a pinkish frosting on them.

The sun's out but it's cold out there! -22, up to -7 so Jenny's walk will be this afternoon.
    Over halfway through February! Can't wait for March and our Daughter's 44th birthday! What on earth for her birthday gift?! And dinner! Dessert! It's so much fun to plan!

Enjoy the day, everyone! Spring is on the way!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Feb 17th, 2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Skippy, Natalka, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sitting in Hamilton Hospital waiting to see my BrotherR 's doctor. Easy, sunny drive- sandwiched in between 2 snowy days.

I shovelled out a small "pooping spot" for Tootie yesterday. My GOSH! That snow was at least a foot deep.

My contribution to Valentine's Celebration was a meat, potato,onion Alfredo.sauce stew of sorts. But I cut all the potato slices to look like hearts.

Well, I could have stayed at home in bed. They will only let 1 person go in with the patient.

I'm hungry, as I just grabbed an Ensure as I was leaving. Arrgg!

Have a Happy Hump day, Ash Wednesday.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning my friends! I was already able to get in a bit of a walk to help keep myself from seizing up. Was going to wait till this afternoon but this lull between storms brought out life in the neighbourhood this morning.Literally everybody and their dog,well maybe not quite everybody,so not quite literally.It is good to interact with others(from a safe distance)as we can all use a little encouragement.
    Today I may just attempt to see if I can still tape with my VCR(remember them!) Yes I do have a PVR but I believe it only works with cable and I do not have cable just my in the window aerial! which suits me just fine and gets enough stations to enable me to waste enough time.
    Last techie flashback, I remember having only a black and white TV and having to walk up to it and use a dial to change the channel!
    Whatever you find yourself up to today,stay safe and warm! Blessings friends!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    The difference, @HermanH , is that unlike regular donuts, paczki are made from a rich yeast dough of butter, eggs, rather than a cake-like batter of donuts. So the fillings are wrapped in more like a brioche dough.
    Ah, that's sounds about right. Walmart and RCSS seem to cheat with their dough, so they taste like regular doughnuts. Guess I'll have to find a more traditional bakery to taste the real deal. Thx.
    danger_dan likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Ah, that's sounds about right. Walmart and RCSS seem to cheat with their dough, so they taste like regular doughnuts. Guess I'll have to find a more traditional bakery to taste the real deal. Thx.
    You're welcome, @HermanH...hope you find some and yes, stores cheat. A bakery, particularly family-owned, may be your best bet.

@Skippy, yes, we used to have to walk through shag carpeting to change those 3 black and white channels we had...or was it two? Truth be told: we didn't have shag carpeting in the 60s...
    Then came coloured tv!! We got the first one in our neighbourhood so naturally all the kids watched tv at our house after school...Mom usually had fresh chocolate cake or muffins for us. Good times, huh?

@avoncallingu, hope your BrotherR's appointment went well, and at least you had a nice sunny drive, listening to the Bridge on SiriusXM (our fav is Yacht rock which I think I tuned to as we drove together to camp...?)...have a restful afternoon!
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information