User Tag List

Page 1677 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 677 1177 1577 1627 1667 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1687 1727 1777 ... LastLast
Results 25,141 to 25,155 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoJays that is horrible. An hour on the phone is ridiculous. I appreciate the cards that allow you to log into your account and lock the card.

I remember years ago I had an odd charge on my credit card, $0.01 from Australia. I called my credit card company as I heard this can happen when someone gets your card info and sells it. To prove the card is an active card they will charge $0.01 and then the big purchases start. I called my credit card company and the first person I spoke to was not understanding why I wanted my card cancelled, he kept offering to refund the $0.01. Finally they transferred me to the security department who right away, I could hear the keys of a computer clicking was cancelling my card.
    ROMEO, harbie, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Well, here's a first for me. Lost my credit card this morning... no, that's not unusual for me, I've lost lots of credit cards over the years The first is that some a$$hole found it and felt it was ok to buy stuff for himself with my money. By the time I was able to get through to cancel it, he... or she.. had already bought gas and supplies at walmart. Maybe if I wasn't on hold for AN HOUR with the CC company, this may have been nipped in the bud before it happened, but because a$$hole bought stuff, it's considered fraud so I also had to call the police to file a police report. Jesus!
    @GoJays sorry to hear that. When my DH card was compromised we had no clue he was at work he had his card and the person who decided to go on a spending spree racked up over $5000 and his CC company caught on to it because the went to a shell to buy gas with it and he only buys gas at Canadian tire so the CC company stop the card and contact him . And after there investigation he was not responsible for those purchase. Hope the CC company don’t hold you responsible. He did not have to report it to the police if I remember correct
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@flemeth I just checked my account and the charges from this morning have already been removed. I didn't stop to think that this sort of fraud is so common. I mean I guess I knew in the back of my mind, I just never thought about it. I posted not two hours ago and three of you have already stepped up with your own stories. This seems to be problematic perhaps?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@flemeth I just checked my account and the charges from this morning have already been removed. I didn't stop to think that this sort of fraud is so common. I mean I guess I knew in the back of my mind, I just never thought about it. I posted not two hours ago and three of you have already stepped up with your own stories. This seems to be problematic perhaps?
    @GoJays happy that the charges are removed. Yes it is. When my DH try to trace back his steps how someone can make a copy of his card he figured it’s when he paid for parking at the hospital Using the parking meters when he was taking his mom for chemotherapy.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoJays was not my credit card but my debit card got shut down and the bank told me it was due to being used at a gas station. At the time I only went to one station so I knew exactly where it happened.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

People are so despicable!! This is why I like plants, not people .... well, with the exception of you lovely folks
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed! Plants and creatures--and possibly a cast iron pan I rescued from the trash.
    People are so despicable!! This is why I like plants, not people .... well, with the exception of you lovely folks
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stalled, kept clicking, lol.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 19th, 2022 at 06:47 PM.
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ditto
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 19th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Seems each one of us has unauthorized CC charges. My only experience was at a port off a cruise ship. I purchased something, etc, got on board, no problem, but when we saw several charges amounting to over $600 at somewhere we knew we didn't shop, we called our cc company, verified that we were back on the ship when the shopping spree happened, no problem, gone. But those b^**yards got away with it and that's just so wrong. I wondered if there was a way or if the police cared enough to find them.

I agree, @GoJays ...anything but people, present company excepted. But most plants pick up their pots and run when they see me in a garden centre. They're like:
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 19th, 2022 at 06:49 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I so enjoyed reading back about all the CC experiences ( bad ones ) we've endured. We also got dinged and then promptly refunded all the charges. DH almost never uses his Amex card, but at our CN Tower meal on our Anniversary a number of years ago he did.
    Then we see charges in Montreal at a Cineplex and I forget the other, something very silly like a corner store. The amounts were small but there multiples of them. Amex realized DH had not used this card for quite some time, and we were in T.O. not Montreal when all the charges started showing up.
    We suspect a waiter or someone at the CN tower got whatever they needed from our card to start a fraudulent spree.
    Certainly they were not big spenders!

O.K. the Leafs are back ( finally! ) have a great evening all!
    Lynn49, GoJays, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    But most plants pick up their pots and run when they see me in a garden centre. They're like:
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information