User Tag List

Page 1062 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 62 562 962 1012 1052 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1072 1112 1162 1562 2062 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I pulled some ham out of the freezer and cubed it up... then i cut up broccoli and cauliflower and a onion (the veggies were a good half of the dish) I added in some par cooked bow tie pasta (my daughters choice) and i made a cheese sauce with tons and tons of old and extra old cheddar cheese and added salt and pepper... i made the sauce off the hook cheesy... then i put a bit more on top... it filled a 10 X 13 pan and i don't have to cook again for a bit... I can't wait to dive in it smells so good (i let my daughter lick off the spatula with cheese sauce on it... she stopped talking completely until she licked it clean and asked how long until it is ready!) LOL you know it is good when you get the sound of silence!

If you try this make sure to make your cheese sauce thick... the veggies will give off some moisture! Mine was thick but still stirred in easily and it came out perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Thu, Sep 19th, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

^^scuse the mess i was cookin! LOL
    harbie, Angela273, Zonny and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Have company so did up chicken.
    Shake and bake chicken, tomato Alfredo sidekicks and roasted veggies (zucchini, carrots, summer squash, beets)

Heavy meal to me. Tummy hurts lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I unexpectedly ran into a charity bbq at lunch today, and ate a burger (all right all right, I ate two!). So I was not hungry when suppertime came around. The guys had leftover taco soup, there's enough for me to have for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our ten year wedding anniversary! I am off tomorrow, so will be grilling steak for DH and I, probably with 'smashed' potatoes on the grill (boiled potatoes until almost done, then roughly squashed, sprayed with olive oil, salt and pepper, some cheese, one of DH's faves). Or maybe I will do 'slice and dice' potatoes - baked potatoes cooked with a bunch of narrow slits and same stuff on top (also known as hasselback potatoes), only with bacon! DS does not like steak, I will make a small pot of seafood chowder for him with chowder mix I have in the freezer.

We don't really exchange gifts, etc. on our anniversaries or birthdays (which are close together). This year is a big one, but we also have a BIG trip planned - this fall we're going to Disneyworld! One the parts I'm looking forward to the most - DS is seven and we haven't told him! He knows now we're going on a trip, but thinks we're going elsewhere to see my brother. When we change planes when we're on the way there, we'll 'fess up on where we're REALLY going! It's going to be awesome.
    Natalka, harbie, walkonby and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I unexpectedly ran into a charity bbq at lunch today, and ate a burger (all right all right, I ate two!). So I was not hungry when suppertime came around. The guys had leftover taco soup, there's enough for me to have for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our ten year wedding anniversary! I am off tomorrow, so will be grilling steak for DH and I, probably with 'smashed' potatoes on the grill (boiled potatoes until almost done, then roughly squashed, sprayed with olive oil, salt and pepper, some cheese, one of DH's faves). Or maybe I will do 'slice and dice' potatoes - baked potatoes cooked with a bunch of narrow slits and same stuff on top (also known as hasselback potatoes), only with bacon! DS does not like steak, I will make a small pot of seafood chowder for him with chowder mix I have in the freezer.

We don't really exchange gifts, etc. on our anniversaries or birthdays (which are close together). This year is a big one, but we also have a BIG trip planned - this fall we're going to Disneyworld! One the parts I'm looking forward to the most - DS is seven and we haven't told him! He knows now we're going on a trip, but thinks we're going elsewhere to see my brother. When we change planes when we're on the way there, we'll 'fess up on where we're REALLY going! It's going to be awesome.
    Oh that is going to be more than awesome!!!surprises are the best and this is a big one!!!!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Spanakopita! Delicious.
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Spanakopita! Delicious.
    I just died a little ! My fave !
    We had linguini Alfredo with bacon .
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went the famous Smugglers Inn in Calgary. Oh YUM! Steak!
    Natalka, harbie, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post

Congrats on 10 years!!! And awesome about the Disney trip/surprise! We did that with my boys-planned the trip and then wrapped up a letter telling them we were going- they unwrapped it and they were shocked and didn't really believe it lol

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i fed hubby a veggie meal 2 days in a row, and he didn't grumble. people we are making progress!

he is a meat, meat and more meat kinda guy. I fed him a curried potato/carrot/fenugreek dish, a curried white lentils dish with some roti. i had considered making some lamb yesterday just so he wouldn't have to endure a veggie meal 2 days in a row, but i ended up not being in the mood to cook it

the girl and I had a go-to meal that I actually haven't made in a long while. shrimp scampi linguini. it was so super yummy i am going to make it again tonight.

and yes, tonight hubby will be getting his lamb. maybe some bittermelon on the side(YUCK)
    Natalka, harbie, walkonby and 6 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh yeah, more of those close-ups baby!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    I pulled some ham out of the freezer and cubed it up... then i cut up broccoli and cauliflower and a onion (the veggies were a good half of the dish) I added in some par cooked bow tie pasta (my daughters choice) and i made a cheese sauce with tons and tons of old and extra old cheddar cheese and added salt and pepper... i made the sauce off the hook cheesy... then i put a bit more on top... it filled a 10 X 13 pan and i don't have to cook again for a bit... I can't wait to dive in it smells so good (i let my daughter lick off the spatula with cheese sauce on it... she stopped talking completely until she licked it clean and asked how long until it is ready!) LOL you know it is good when you get the sound of silence!

If you try this make sure to make your cheese sauce thick... the veggies will give off some moisture! Mine was thick but still stirred in easily and it came out perfect.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I had a bunch of blade steak to use up so I threw it in the slow cooker this morning. I lined the bottom with sliced onion & minced garlic and then added a can of diced tomatoes, spices, a squirt of this and that from the fridge i.e. bbq sauce, honey mustard, hot sauce. Usually around the 6-7 hr I will take out the meat, and remove all the onion and tomatoes etc and shred the meat and then put back in the juice to continue cooking. And if there are a few people around later there will be lots to put on fresh buns with some cheddar or at least something for sandwiches on the weekend

But I have to say I was astonished at the sodium content in the tomatoes--I didn't look at it until after I put them in; I prob won't use them again i.e 796ml can, 400 mg of sodium per 1/2 cup (125ml) = 2500+mg of sodium-- that is insane!!
    Last edited by KelJo; Fri, Sep 20th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I think tonight I will make a seafood rice . DD is with we grandma til Sunday so ill grab the occasion to make some delish stuff she doesn't like
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yahoo!!! Having chicken made by local retired chef whom knows I go bonkers over his amazing cooking.
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Even though it was a long day, I'm determined to try adobo chicken (Filipino). Marinating right now. Recipe is simple; chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves and my Filipino friends and acquaintances always say "it's so easy, just..." and yet, it never seems quite right. The first time I had it was on the first day next to a beach in the Philippines, I think I ordered it every day for a week haha.
    anisa, Natalka, harbie and 5 others like this.

Thread Information