User Tag List

Page 994 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 494 894 944 984 992 993 994 995 996 1004 1044 1094 1494 1994 ... LastLast
Results 14,896 to 14,910 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Sale on buffalo? Can't even get that in the grocery stores here! What's it like?
    Just like Natalka said. It's a leaner meet and tastes kinda like beef. You treat it just like you would beef for flavourings and cooking.

Natalka, I went to Fred Meyer in Bellingham and they had it. I don't recall seeing it before this time. It was not cheap (approx $8/LB but I did get 3 burgers out of it and 1each is enough for DH and I.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

^ I have bought these too at the grocery store - can't remember the brand name now thou- but they were good, couldn't tell the difference from a regular beef burger
    harbie, vesper and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight I'm cooking some ribs, mostly for DH's lunch tomorrow, and for leftovers for another night. I never used to believe in boiling them first, thought that removed their fatty flavour. But I've since realized that doing that a bit can really tenderize the meat before you season and brown it up on the grill or in the oven. I don't want ribs that fall apart, we like a bit of 'bite' to them (so crockpot ribs are no good for us), but a short boil followed by a rub of seasonings and some BBQ sauce, browned in the oven or on the BBQ is good.

Tomorrow we're going out to supper. There's a 'members only' event at Discovery Centre (local kid's science facility downtown) to give a sneak peek at a new exhibit tomorrow evening, and it just so happens I'm off tomorrow. So I will pick up DS earlier than usual, DH will meet us for a quick meal and then we'll go there.
    The best part about boiling the ribs a bit is that you get a great broth for soup, too! I always do it.
    Enjoy your outing!

Last night we ordered Chinese food for supper, so that's what's for supper again tonight!
    harbie, Zonny, marstec and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight is date night so we are having pasta with wine (trying someone's idea here, sautéed spinach, onion, goatcheese with chicken) Can't wait

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight is crazy lasagna with either garlic cheese pita or garlic parsley naan, all depends on what I find in the freezer first.
    Natalka, harbie and KelJo like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We went to Boston Pizza. DH and I each ordered a pasta dish. OMG, if I'd known we'd each end up with a pound of pasta on the plate, we would have ordered one to share and still brought home leftovers! Seriously, this was at least three cups of pasta, maybe even four, on each plate. I can only imagine how much pasta they must throw out in one night in that place.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This is a huge part of the reason I love Boston Pizza, you never leave hungry and I do not feel bad paying for their pastas as they fill your plate. I hate it when I pay $14.99 for pasta and leave hungry because my portion was so small.

We went to Boston Pizza. DH and I each ordered a pasta dish. OMG, if I'd known we'd each end up with a pound of pasta on the plate, we would have ordered one to share and still brought home leftovers! Seriously, this was at least three cups of pasta, maybe even four, on each plate. I can only imagine how much pasta they must throw out in one night in that place.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My cat baby sitter made me toast beef with mashed potatoes. She is the sweetest lady ever!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I think tonight is going to be chicken burgers and turkey burgers. maybe some oven fries.
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 1 others like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought a large boneless pork loin at Costo yesterday (on sale, about $1.80 a pound), I cut some of that up into chops earlier and they're in the crockpot with ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.

Fortunately I bought some very nice Henckles knives on sale around Christmas, they're great for cutting a large cut of meat into pieces. My knives cut through a large piece of meat like it's going through butter. I recently got a sharper from Amazon that is great for them too!

One of these days I'm going to buy a whole beef tenderloin or something like that at Costco (they cost $80 or $90), and cut it into steaks. I might have to find someone to share the cost!
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just grazed last night, popcorn and tangerines. Really should eat a decent meal today. Have lost 17 pounds since New Year's, another 15 to go.
    harbie, KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

if they are smart they bought it using coupons and paid next to nothing. LOL
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Breakfast for supper tonight - French toast and bacon.
    harbie, janetta, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last night was beef bbq'd burgers with a loaded shredded salad. Tonight is my 2 day ribs with rice and salad and tomorrow will most likely be spicey chili and sweet Hawaiian buns with a salad

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I made sarma for supper yesterday, and we'll have the leftovers today - I'll make either potatoes or macaroni to go with it.

It's an Eastern European dish - and I guess you could say we make a 'deconstructed' version, because traditionally the mixture is put into sour cabbage leaves, rolled, then cooked. It's expensive to buy heads of sour cabbage, so instead we just make the meat mixture rolls, then add 1/2 jar of sauerkraut to the broth when it's cooking. It's a mixture of ground pork and beef, you add minced onion, garlic, some rice - boil in a big pot, adding the kraut and a can of tomato paste; it cooks about an hour and a half.

It's heavenly, wonderful comfort food. Usually my husband makes it, but now I can make it pretty much like him!

What it looks like when wrapped.... so mine just looks like the middles! (not my pic)

Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jun 10th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Thread Information