User Tag List

Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made a double batch of puffed wheat squares last week. It was way too hot to even think about baking, even with our central-air.

I currently have a double batch of zucchini banana chocolate chip muffins baking. LO loves carbs, so my muffins are a great way to get him to eat more veggies and fruit. He will be 2yrs old next month. I'm personally not a muffin fan, but I now bake a variety of healthy options and freeze them. This way I rotate the flavours and he is less likely to get bored with them.
    Silk, lucy16076 and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mother in law gave us a bunch of blueberries. I made muffins, jam and I will be making a pie. Everything will be blueberry flavored for the next week or so, lol.
    Silk, Angela273 and lucy16076 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to add that I baked banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on Saturday. They only had 4Tb of butter in the 24 cookies.
    Silk, lucy16076 and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Argh. It won't let me post the picture--which is truly worth a thousand words.

My kids did a little...ahem...baking today. They found the recipe in a book at the library called "100% Pure Fake: Gross Out Your Family and Friends With 25 Great Special Effects"

It was gross, alright. And very special.

They made "edible doo doo cookies" and presented those to DH for dessert this evening (who was completely unaware of what we'd been up to).

They truly looked like the real thing. It was hilarious. And they even tasted pretty good!

Honestly, what a time we had. We howled in laughter through the library check out, we howled in laughter as we traipsed through the grocery store getting the supplies, and they were dissolving in giggles the whole darned time they were making them in the kitchen.

They also borrowed another book called "Unbored" and asked if they could have access to the bedroom for 15 or 20 minutes this afternoon. I haven't quite figured out what the little tricksters did just yet...but I'm sure I will soon enough!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Silk and 5 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Name:  2014-08-09 10.53.00.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  139.7 KBName:  2014-08-09 13.52.26.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  80.9 KB

crumble cake with fresh picked sour cherries
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Silk and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

4 large turkey thighs in coated in gf crumb mixture.
    Silk, Angela273 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Argh. It won't let me post the picture--which is truly worth a thousand words.

My kids did a little...ahem...baking today. They found the recipe in a book at the library called "100% Pure Fake: Gross Out Your Family and Friends With 25 Great Special Effects"

It was gross, alright. And very special.

They made "edible doo doo cookies" and presented those to DH for dessert this evening (who was completely unaware of what we'd been up to).

They truly looked like the real thing. It was hilarious. And they even tasted pretty good!

Honestly, what a time we had. We howled in laughter through the library check out, we howled in laughter as we traipsed through the grocery store getting the supplies, and they were dissolving in giggles the whole darned time they were making them in the kitchen.

They also borrowed another book called "Unbored" and asked if they could have access to the bedroom for 15 or 20 minutes this afternoon. I haven't quite figured out what the little tricksters did just yet...but I'm sure I will soon enough!
    That's awesome!

While I haven't done it yet, my next baking project will probably be tomorrow, this very healthy bacon cheddar bread. Yeah, I know, nothing healthy about it. But I think my family will love it! And if it works out, I'm wondering to myself, what will happen if I put this batter into my waffle iron? Ooh la la!

http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/b...n-bread-167115
    Angela273 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I used an apple muffin recipe that I have used in the past without an issue. This time I used my own home made crab apple sauce, but the muffins refuse to bake through. I think my home made crab apple sauce has a higher water content than the store bought apple sauce. They have been in the oven for an hour and when I stick a toothpick in them it never comes out clean. The top of the muffins are getting pretty brown...I've never baked muffins so long. I just really don't want to make someone sick or have to through out the double batch that I made today. Any suggestions?
    I rarely have baked goods flop, so this is extra frustrating to me.

edit:
    I am planning on letting them cool, then I will peel them all out of the wrappers and chunk them up in a baking pan. I am thinking about trying to turn it into some type of bread pudding. Any suggestions? I don't usually make bread pudding, but I really don't want to waste all this food or effort.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 25th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    lucy16076 and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Blueberry crumble bars. Thinking about making blueberry pound cake next. Why yes, as a matter of fact I am drowning in blueberries, why do you ask?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

GoJays, I got into blueberries, too - not drowning, though, just had two containers.

Made blueberry buckle cake - pretty much a crumb cake, and it turned out great.
    Used this recipe, except I used lemon cake mix so I skipped adding zest, and only three cups of blueberries. It's delish!

http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/b...le-cake-130874
    Angela273, GoJays and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I havent baked this yet but i was asked to make a birthday cake for someone. My friend sent me some pictures of the kind of cake she wants. She said she got this off of Facebook from someone. You have to check this out!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Natalka, Crochetlady and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ those were on my FB feed, too, via my nephew's wife's friend
    Angela273 and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I currently have a double batch of orange blueberry muffins in the oven. I found the recipe when I was looking for ways to use up some yogurt that was about to expire. I hope they are yummy. LO eats lots of different fruits and veggies when I bake them into muffins. It is hot here today, but the central air-conditioning is keeping up nicely.

edit: I am currently eating my second muffin. I'm not a big fan of blueberries or muffins, but these are really moist and yummy. Can't really taste the orange because I didn't have any orange zest, maybe next time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Aug 28th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Natalka and Crochetlady like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I made two loaves of banana bread, one went home with our son.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

this morning i made a blueberry pie! Cant wait to dig in when it cools off!
    Angela273 likes this.

Page 110 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information