User Tag List

Page 1271 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 271 771 1171 1221 1261 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1281 1321 1371 1771 ... LastLast
Results 19,051 to 19,065 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Another beautiful day here went out for a very long walk with Thor. I have no intention of going to any stores will make do with what ever we have. My DH is still working and since the are so busy he is working on Saturday also.

Please everyone stay safe so that we can help flatten the curve with this virus. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, my friends!

Yes, @GoJays , I think my million dollar cheque must be caught up in the mail, too.😉

I didn't sleep well last night so I'm tired. Lovely day out there.

Tootie keeps following me around and doing a little whine. It seems that she just wants me to come and sit down near her while she dozes off.

Today I will be doing a major Lipstick and eyeshadow review. I seem to be a makeup "hoarder" - many of these things need to hit the road. Amazingly, my fingernails are growing. I guess my nibbling habit is not related to social isolation. They are not very strong, though. I do have some gel nail polish that I may try out today.

When I first wake up and also when I am out for a walk I can , for a while, not even remember about this nasty situation. Denial- not just a river in Egypt.

Well, I will get on with sanitizing the "touch points."

Take care, love you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yeppers! @Lynn49 some of us have been awake since 8 a.m. ( but I am not bragging or anything....)
    I'll bet your painting is coming along great!

I decided to turn some of the chunks of roast beef I cooked up yesterday into a deep dish meat pie!
    Has anyone ever cooked something JUST because of a certain cooking dish that they love? That was the case here.
    I have a set of 3 white ceramic rectangular baking dishes that I received at Christmas....they all have handles!! I was like Goldilocks and the 3 bears trying to make a choice.
    The largest one was simply too big, the tiniest one was more of a single serve dish, but when I lined both the medium and the smallest one with pastry it was just right, only used 1 box of the Dr. Oteker pastry mix.

The top pastry pieces over each dish sealed in all the stew yumminess! They are both cooling their jets atm on the top of the stove. i must show restraint! Trying not to dig into one of them till dinnertime when the losers all finally up!
    Oh, @walkonby, I do have my favourite baking dishes, too! But does that stop me from jones-ing on every ruffled/blue/white ones I see in HomeSense? Not one single bit.
    Your beef pies sound absolutely wonderful; you continue to spoil your family with your love of cooking.

I found a new recipe for GF crepes since the last ones we tried were less than stellar..too much like pancakes and when we tried to spread them out, they just tore. I hopped in the shower and when I came out, my Hubby had made them up and was already making them! They turned out beautifully!!
    So I made my Nalysnyky filling, stuffed them and they're resting in the fridge for dinner, with a salad.
    Of course they have to be drizzled with about a cup of butter to bake, lol, then served with sweetened sour cream, but hey...I'm pretty sure calories don't count when the food it that delicious. Pretty sure.

DH is taking little Jenny out for her first walk of the day, lol...it seems the sun is trying to make an appearance, fighting with the rain that we were supposed to get. It's 7 now, so still a bit nippy.

Well....off to work on that painting...I've never worked with acrylics and resin before, so fingers crossed! I'll email you a picture IF it turns out! Hahaha!!!

Take care, everyone! Stay safe!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well....off to work on that painting...I've never worked with acrylics and resin before, so fingers crossed! I'll email you a picture IF it turns out! Hahaha!!!
    Me too!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy 🐈 urday, all!

Welcome back @Newfiescreech !!!

Gosh, @Lynn49 - I can almost taste those. I bake mine in whipping cream and butter, serve with sour cream - savoury since the filling is dry curd cottage cheese and dill.

I don't make sweet ones, but I have had them with jam or cinnamon sugar.

Argh, now I badly want some!

My gut but came back for a while, as did my husband's. Hoping that is enough. Son has a terrible head cold, and he had just recovered from another - and this is a kid who doesn't get sickie, except for dealing with migraines.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Name:  facebook_1585851017822.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  85.0 KB
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Popping in this afternoon to say hello.

I think I must be getting a little shack-happy, or things are getting to me more than I realize, as I am starting to find goofy/silly things hysterical (usually, this is not my kind of humor). I saw this video on Fb the other day and laughed until my cheeks hurt. I emailed my Mom (in her 70s) and told her I could use this guy in my kitchen. She emailed back and told me to send him her way when I was done with him. LOL!

Earlier today, I was reading a thread on a forum where people were confessing their unconventional celebrity/"in the public eye" crushes. It cracked me up! Nothing wrong with the crushes, but the way people described them, and some of the pictures posted - tears ran down my cheeks, I laughed so hard. The saying, "whatever turns your crank" kept coming to mind! I should have bookmarked it because now I can't find it. If I do, I will share the link here.

Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks so much Natalka..hope all is well with you and your family
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello my friends!

So glad to see you back, @Newfiescreech!

You were crossing my mind yesterday too.

Well today was beautiful and sunny but with the wind whipping around it chilly enough.

Yesterday I ordered some groceries from a little store across the street. They called you when your order was ready and then you just drove up front and the fellow loaded them into your trunk. Easy peasy.

Then today, I decided drive by visits were in order before we will be ordered off the streets all together.

I drove over to my BrotherB's house and had a nice driveway visit with him his wife and one son. The other was "in the shower."

Then I drove down to Cambridge to see my long time friend, Shirley. She usually petsits for me when I 'm away.

We sat in the sun in her backyard (at a distance, of course) and chatted for over an hour before the sun went in and it started to get chilly. You could almost pretend that life was normal except we couldn't hug. And I didn't have a cup of tea with her.

My stepson 's Birthday is tomorrow. He is at his mum's new home in Sarasota, Fl, at least for now. I'm glad he's somewhere safe. I told him that I will have to sing him a song tomorrow.

Well, the sandman is calling. Somehow I poked myself in the eye and have a bruise right in the corner. I don't remember doing it. Maybe the sleep fairy was just checking to see if I was asleep.

Good night all! Stay safe - Virtual hug to you all!
    Thanks Avoncallingu..hope all is well with you sweetie..stay safe my friend take good care yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    welcome back @Newfiescreech !!! So lovely to see you posting again, and thrilled that you're safe and sound, tucked inside the house...... hopefully away from Mr. Corona. The news is truly depressing isn't it? Every day another beloved artist loses the battle, along with too many valuable front line heroes in the hospitals trying to save everyone.

All is good here so far, 3 of the 4 occupants here are still employed, so my fear factor raises up to " danger " when they go to and from work. Sanitizing as best we can every day. Thank goodness we had a healthy stockpile of many grocery items before any of this started, our freezers and the back room shelves have been the main source for meals, I'm actually making a dent in the supplies!
    Another positive note is the credit cards have near zero balances for the month of April and early May due dates because we just ain't out buying. Also I've used up a considerable portion of my AM balances and PC points for free food! Today's shop was a pretty big one from 2 different grocery stores ( and yes, I took advantage of the early senior shopping hours )

I cooked up a massive lasagna and did 2 beef roasts up earlier in the day, the gravy came out like velvet! So the weekend meals are covered, there is possibly enough there to last through a few of the guys work meals too!
    Thanks so much walkonby..glad you and your family is doing good ..just pray that everything stays that way sweetie..yes ..working from home for few weeks now ..this staying in is killing me ..seems so weird..every time something comes in my mind is always at the mall ..you swear I was a big spender..funny how all this trash comes to your mind ..Gee I wish the snow was gone and the ice so I could go to beach for a walk and look for some treasure too ..will take good care yourself sweetie and please stay away from the darn Mr.Corona ..he will only get ya into trouble ..haha
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy Sunday morning, everyone!!

Not much going on, and yes, @GoJays , I'll email you a pic of my painting when it's done IF it's presentable! Layer #2 goes on today.

Then I'm sewing masks for each of us...it seems that although it may not protect one from someone else, they do tend to take a wider path around people who wear them, so maybe that's another layer of protection we need! Haha!!

Okay....now this: anything familiar about the concept here?? Stupid people!

Enjoy your day and stay safe, everyone!

GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Hoping you all have a great one!
    Watch until the end.

Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information