User Tag List

Page 848 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 348 748 798 838 846 847 848 849 850 858 898 948 1348 1848 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth ...seems I managed to sneak my post in there between yours!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Feb 20th, 2019 at 08:10 AM.
    wendymac, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gee @danger_dan, you managed to be the first one in today...
    that doesn't happen too often.
    I assume you're on the road while @flemeth (good morning) and I are posting away here
    Give Jenny a little pat on the head for me @Lynn49 and you too with Tootie @avoncallingu.
    Well, off to find some memes...
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Gee @danger_dan, you managed to be the first one in today...
    that doesn't happen too often.
    I assume you're on the road while @flemeth (good morning) and I are posting away here
    Give Jenny a little pat on the head for me @Lynn49 and you too with Tootie @avoncallingu.
    Well, off to find some memes...
    I was surprised to be first too!
    Yes, I'm normally on the road on my way into work whilst you hunt for memes
    wendymac, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I thought of you when I saw this one @danger_dan .... well, and me too, but that should go without saying

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Thank you, everyone for your kind remarks about my sweet little lady.

Well....I'm pretty sure she slept better than me last night! Hahaha... I kept waking up to check on her beside me, listeningvti whether she was breathing alright, or whining because she was in pain. She was zonked out until 7am, when I woke up hearing her little moaning, poor muffin. So we all got up, she went outside and did her business, but she wouldn't let us go near her mouth to give her the pain medicine, so I suggested my DH mix it with softly melted butter, which he did (since she was snuggled on my lap), and she lapped it up. She's back to sleep burrito-style on my lap. You're so right, @Dang er-Dan, I'll have a floppy snuggle-bug all day. Thank you, everyone, she's such a gentle soul....right, @avoncallingu ?

@avoncallingu , how nice they not only agreed that you appeared to be alive, but to have cut you a cheque also. That was a successful trip for sure! I'll keep sweet Tootie in my prayers today as she undergoes surgery; I hope for the best results, my Friend.

It seems rather mild today so far, the almanac predicted more snow for you southerners, so be very careful out there. I just hope you don't get rain that freezes later in the day.

Stay well, stay safe, everyone.
    wendymac, Natalka, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Loving these early morning updates. Today Jenny will probably bounce right back @Lynn49 .
    They tend to get our heart rates up with their sad eyes and lethargic behaviour after procedures, then next thing ya know they are yapping at the stranger crossing the street!

I was in early here but on another thread. My cross stitch peacock is all done!!
    he is BEE-U-T-FUL!!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/89421-...0/#post6960932

I am definitely hanging this sucker up on a wall.....just trying to find a suitable frame to get him in. At first I was gonna hit the Dollar store for a frame or shadow box but tbh, I have so many of them kicking around, just got to get into that back ( WAAAAY back ) area of the storage room.
    I stopped by Fabricland this morning and wooden embroidery hoops and Aida cloth were 50% off!!
    Be still me heart! I just HAD to pick up a very small circle frame and a medium one. These will be perfect for smaller projects.

My massage was quite relaxing this morning.... feels so good to have a reprieve from my re-curing back pain.
    Perhaps those physio stretches ( glut, leg, back area ) they harped on me to do every morning are working!??
    I actually went in there pain free today.

The nasty weather is supposed to come any time now.....I'm staying put!

Welcome back to the land of the living @avoncallingu !!
    Big hugs for Tootie today as she goes in for her procedure.
    Careful drives for both of you coffee freaks!! ( ha ha @GoJays and @danger_dan )
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 20th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm writing this quickly without reading back posts, so hi to everyone!

Well how quickly things change. I was told this morning that the family meeting was cancelled, and that in an hour I would be transferred to City Hospital, convalescent unit. I was a bit blown over and asked how it happened so quickly. I was told it was influence from someone higher up - no name given to me. Wowsers.

So I packed up, the coordinator had called George, who was surprised by tohe news too.I was brought over by wheelchair shuttle.

Knew the nurse who picked me up in admitting, then as I went down the hall, there were many faces I remembered well, and they remembered me, too. I forget a lot of names though.I

already saw the doctor, who remembered me too, and I just had to go through the history of what happened since I last was here.

Now just settling in. And the really hard work begins - I have been working hard, but this place is something else, which is amazing!

Bye for now
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm writing this quickly without reading back posts, so hi to everyone!

Well how quickly things change. I was told this morning that the family meeting was cancelled, and that in an hour I would be transferred to City Hospital, convalescent unit. I was a bit blown over and asked how it happened so quickly. I was told it was influence from someone higher up - no name given to me. Wowsers.

So I packed up, the coordinator had called George, who was surprised by tohe news too.I was brought over by wheelchair shuttle.

Knew the nurse who picked me up in admitting, then as I went down the hall, there were many faces I remembered well, and they remembered me, too. I forget a lot of names though.I

already saw the doctor, who remembered me too, and I just had to go through the history of what happened since I last was here.

Now just settling in. And the really hard work begins - I have been working hard, but this place is something else, which is amazing!

Bye for now
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease? Who cares HOW it happened or which higher up did this for you @Natalka but this is health care at its finest! We are all rooting for you to improve as each day goes on in your new location and I am so thrilled for you!!
    Enjoy your new digs!!!

This meme has nothing to do with anything BUT I like it!! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I love that gif, @walkonby !

So I read back

@Lynn49 sure glad that Jenny made it through okay. I know it must be a wonderful snuggle-a-thon at your home!

@avoncallingu - so happy that you are no longer not with us! Legally!
    Hoping all goes well for Tootie!

Big but gentle scritches behind the ears for these two doggies!

Lol, you can tell I have relaxed since I came here.
    BP this morning when I woke up, just over 130. When I got here, 140s.
    Just a while ago, 122/70 . Perfect!

My uncle Peter has died, the last sibling from my mom's side of the family. His wife died several years ago. No kids. He has been in a nursing home and has been unwell for some time.
    Another family funeral I cannot attend...
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Feb 20th, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sounds good @Natalka . Hope everything works out for you. I don’t know many high up people. However when I needed a government security clearance. It didn’t hurt that the person that signed as my reference was the head of the Timmins police services board. He was my uncles best friend.

hope everyone has a good day. Went with my aunt yesterday because she was giving me her old iPhone 6. She needed to get it unlocked from bell and bought me a case for it and we went for lunch.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quick poll, does anyone else feel like they have been going full throttle in the mud (or on ice)? I’m taking university courses, work full time, busy household and family.... not complaining but looking for tips on how to keep your focus (and sanity) when your to do list is bigger than you.......
    Thanks all, I know I can count on my peeps.💖
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Tootie came through her surgery well. She is lying beside me with the dreaded "Victorian " collar. She was able to go outside for a pee before our freezing rain started. She was determined, at first, to hop down off the couch but she is snoozing quietly now. They will send away the tissue that they took out and results will be back in about a week.

My friend drove me around today. I bought a new mattress and box spring which will be delivered to my new home. - Perfect! Then I was able to take a coat back to the Bay. I had bought it online and it did not fit.

My friend helped me with packing and then went out and bought us supper while I went to get Tootie. She has gone home as it is freezing rain right now. My back is sore so I think I will just chill tonight with her.

Tootie just had a bit of soft food mixed with water. I had to spoon it to her and then she could lick it off a small saucer.

@Natalka - Wow! I think you should really wish for a.....$million because, in this case, your wish has come true.

@Lynn49 - so glad that Jenny is continuing on her journey to healing. That is some picture of snow! We are dealing mostly with ice, covered with a bit of snow and then more ice. The region has a salt and sand shortage.

Thank-you to all my friends here for your kind wishes and prayers for Tootie.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information