User Tag List

Page 1632 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 632 1132 1532 1582 1622 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1642 1682 1732 ... LastLast
Results 24,466 to 24,480 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The Astros did it!!! Bwahaha!! They not only shut out The Red Sox, ( 5-0 ) but Boston only got 2 hits in 9 innings.
    I am especially happy for Dusty Baker!! ( yeah and my favoutite half pint...Jose Altuve! )
    That outta shut up some of the critics who thought them banging on trash cans was their only way to win!!

Name:  Astros win!!.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  52.4 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Oct 22nd, 2021 at 11:44 PM.
    dededi likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi all!
    Tablet is forever glitching and I can't get to the laptop so I avoid things requiring typing, such as on here, unfortunately...

Well, things are crappy anyway, so you have been saved from readinh my moaning and groaning. Things have not been good - nothing more serious, but too many days when multiple body parts/systems are troublesome simultaneously.

Thx to Ontario for starting to take in Sask's overflow ICU patients. We really had Ben doing well, then got terribly hit by an inordinate amount on non-vaccinated people clogging up on already very hurting health care system.
    I shan't go on, don't want to start an anti-vaxxer debate... I have TikTok for that.

BTW, I have a serious TikTok addiction, and ambetter for it. I have not learned nor laughed so much in ages. And cried (for someone other than me!).

Take care, my sweet friends! Love to you all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Happy Saturday .

@Natalka I hope your health issues gets better . We are all here for you and each other virtually .

Not sure what my plans are other than doing a little tidying around the house

Enjoy your Saturday all
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

We have my BIL's internment today, then back to their family's home. We won't stay long, I'm not a small-talk person, it bores me. I think I see @GoJays nodding in agreement.

Ugh! Christa Freeland speaks as if were all in kindergarten! Annunciating EVERY word, talking to us imbiciles with that useless twit's smarmy smile standing behind her, priming her as the next PM. I couldn't handle listening to her!!
    Sorry....no politics....but her voice!

So, @walkonby , you're over the moon for your Astros, now on to the world series. It's just too bad they're from Texas.
    We watched a few more episides of Jonathan Creek on Britbox last night as diversion from a rather heavy day. It's a fun who-done-it mystery series with nothing gory and enough humour to keep it from being scary.

Hope you're all having a sunny day, too...enjoy.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 23rd, 2021 at 09:45 AM.
    walkonby and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh! Christa Freeland speaks as if were all in kindergarten! Annunciating EVERY word, talking to us imbiciles with that useless twit's smarmy smile standing behind her, priming her as the next PM. I couldn't handle listening to her!!
    Are you sure it is annunciate and not enunciate?

To be fair, I find nearly all the federal leaders to be poor public speakers; we got the government we deserve.

I am Albertan, but I am impressed by the BQ leader, Yves-François Blanchet. He unashamedly looks out for his province and nothing else. Had he run in Alberta, I would have voted for the man. The manner in which he handled that racist attack upon his provincial laws from the moderator during the debates showed such aplomb that I wonder if it was not a deliberate plant.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post

To be fair, I find nearly all the federal leaders to be poor public speakers; we got the government we deserve.

I am Albertan, but I am impressed by the BQ leader, Yves-François Blanchet. He unashamedly looks out for his province and nothing else. Had he run in Alberta, I would have voted for the man. The manner in which he handled that racist attack upon his provincial laws from the moderator during the debates showed such aplomb that I wonder if it was not a deliberate plant.
    We don't usually point out spelling errors here.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The Astros did it!!! Bwahaha!! They not only shut out The Red Sox, ( 5-0 ) but Boston only got 2 hits in 9 innings.
    I am especially happy for Dusty Baker!! ( yeah and my favoutite half pint...Jose Altuve! )
    That outta shut up some of the critics who thought them banging on trash cans was their only way to win!!
    I'm sure they found a new way
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I only just posted this one on Thursday...

Keyword here is silently..... I only just posted this one on Thursday.
    Perhaps you scrolled too fast and missed it?
    I don't remember receiving a 'like' from you for it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fixed
    Lynn49 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Happy Sunday

Cold out this morning had to layered up and have mittens for my walk .

Its going to be a very busy day here lots of chores to do in the house. After my cup of tea I should get moving

Have an awesome Sunday all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I only just posted this one on Thursday...

Keyword here is silently..... I only just posted this one on Thursday.
    Perhaps you scrolled too fast and missed it?
    I don't remember receiving a 'like' from you for it
    Lol...yes, quite timely, it seems, @GoJays .
    Grammatical errors are even worse than spelling errors, and don't you just want to slap people upside the head when you see their posts with: wanna, coz, dunno, etc?. They sound like petulant children!

Hope all's well in your corner of the world, my Friend.

Nothing on my agenda today except to ask Hubby to drive to Michael's for Alenes Tack it Over and Over glue; quite surprised they even carry it here! Lol! It's funny, but when I need something now my first thought is Amazon! We went to Costco yesterday after the internment and family gathering hoping to find the stack of white tissue paper, but nope, either not in yet, or they're not carrying it. So off to Amazon...yep, 100, 20x20 sheets, $13. I go through quite a lot at Christmas and throughout the year and I dont like the pitzy-sized ones usually in stores.

Ok! Enough of that...enjoy the day, everyone!!
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning all! The nip in the air is a bit too much to have both front and back windows open but I did it anyways because the oven was on auto clean...what a smell! Then once that was all done, I checked in on Frankie and he seemed to be huddled under his ladder....I thought oh no! he's cold, so I closed all the windows.

Had a funny exchange yesterday at the pet store. Was there to pick up more worms and also to ask about seeds. I brought in the bag of assorted ones we are using now and I asked one of the gals what she knew about them, specifically if there was a way to buy only the red and other coloured ones that Frankie seems to enjoy.

Hallelujah! She brings me to the aisle of Willy Wonka for birds! The she said what kind of bird is it and I freaking blanked!
    I stammered saying he is wild, small, we rescued and hand raised him....but NOPE the type of bird he was would not fall off the end of my tongue.

No matter, I picked up a large bag of these vitamin fortified, nutritious treats ( think a box of Lucky Charms ...but ONLY charms! )
    I'm paying now and right before I leave I remembered! I looked over at the gal across the way and yelled out " Chipping Sparrow! ", I am not sure by the weak smile if she even knew what I was referring to.
    Some days the words just don't come till I can make a fool of myself. Anyone else do that?

Well, the good news is Frankie loved the dish of treats! That's all that mattered.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know a certain birdie who is thrilled about the Packers lead atm !! ( no, not Frankie.. @Lynn49 )
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fixed
    1st and 10 at Washington's 40, @walkonby !
    2 weeks in a row without broadcasting my Pack's game!!!

As for searching for words, welcome to my world!
    I'm just happy my family gives me time to find 'that' word without shooting words at me, lol!

24 to 10 Final!!
    I wonder if we'll ever get to another Pack game.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Oct 24th, 2021 at 05:18 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Hope you all had a great weekend. Lost of rain here so I guess it will be an indoors day for me.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information