User Tag List

Page 1345 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 345 845 1245 1295 1335 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1355 1395 1445 1845 2345 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,175 of 38027
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babygonnermann View Post
    I need to rant a little bit. I wasn't going to, but I think it will make me feel a little better.

Christmas Eve, we were at my mom's place, and my brother's dogs were there (as usual - can't stand their dogs, but anyways). Tyler was crawling into the kitchen to go visit Nana, and one of his dogs turns around, growling, and nips at Tyler. Well, DH booted her, and my dad pinned her to the floor and both threatened her with her life. Well, my brother just got on MSN, asks me why his dog got kicked, so I told him. He disappeared right after I told him what happened, and now he won't come on or answer his phone. I'm so fuming right now. The least he could have done was apologize on behalf of his dog. I apologized (even though I didn't have to ... a dog has it's place, and nipping at my son was absolutley unaccetable!!!) on Wednesday during dinner. Oh man, I'm so mad. As far as I'm concerned, that dog is living on borrowed time right now. If she ever does it again ............... well, let's just say my motherly instinct is very strong.

To top it all off, they are expecting their first baby in April, so I'm sure they'll find out what this dog is capable of. I hope that nothing ever goes seriously wrong for my niece-to-be.

Thanks for listening. I do kind of feel better.

I'm sorry if I've offended any of you with how I talked about the dog. She wasn't hurt, but she was put in her place.
    I know what u are talking about, when my son was 1 yr. we visited my mom who had a purebred german shepherd as a inside dog. My dh was carrying our son when the dog bite his foot. Not hard mind u but still, but since we got there this dog had a thing for my son, was growling barking trying to get him the whole visit. But when the nip happened my dh hit the dog in the face to get it to leave him alone. My mom freaked was all about dont hit the dog it cost $1000, we both went back with what about your grandson, if it had bit harder or went after his face!! Needless to say the visit endled badly. I dont like hitting dogs, but then I dont think a german sheperd should be an inside dog.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

man I would have kicked the dog too LOL
    doesnt matter how much it cost humans come first LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I need to rant a little bit. I wasn't going to, but I think it will make me feel a little better.

Christmas Eve, we were at my mom's place, and my brother's dogs were there (as usual - can't stand their dogs, but anyways). Tyler was crawling into the kitchen to go visit Nana, and one of his dogs turns around, growling, and nips at Tyler. Well, DH booted her, and my dad pinned her to the floor and both threatened her with her life. Well, my brother just got on MSN, asks me why his dog got kicked, so I told him. He disappeared right after I told him what happened, and now he won't come on or answer his phone. I'm so fuming right now. The least he could have done was apologize on behalf of his dog. I apologized (even though I didn't have to ... a dog has it's place, and nipping at my son was absolutley unaccetable!!!) on Wednesday during dinner. Oh man, I'm so mad. As far as I'm concerned, that dog is living on borrowed time right now. If she ever does it again ............... well, let's just say my motherly instinct is very strong.

To top it all off, they are expecting their first baby in April, so I'm sure they'll find out what this dog is capable of. I hope that nothing ever goes seriously wrong for my niece-to-be.

I'm sorry if I've offended any of you with how I talked about the dog. She wasn't hurt, but she was put in her place.

OMG. That's the perfect recipe for a dead baby & then a dead dog.

Here are a couple of articles to send your brother. If he hears info from "experts", it might sink in a bit more.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/safet...ng-babies.html

http://www.avma.org/animal_health/br...e_brochure.asp

http://www.pregnancy.org/tag/dog-safety

As for your son, do you know anyone with a kid-safe dog? You don't want Tyler to grow up afraid of dogs. If you don't know of any safe dogs, contact a local trainer (look under dogpro.com, they've got more qualified trainers than most orgs) & explain the situation, see if you can stop in & watch a training class - a good trainer will welcome you as a distraction for the dogs.

Now that you know the situation, insist on close supervision when around that dog. Could be that the dog was overstimulated by lots of visitors, could be that the dog is a spoiled brat. At any rate, expect the worst, & you can prevent disaster.

3 days after I brought my dog home from the shelter (we were still getting to know each other, she was 6 months old & rather psychotic, completely untrained), I got in the elevator, when a woman ran in pushing a stroller with a toddler. I had the dog in the corner beside me. The idiot woman pushed the stroller up against my dog, saying, "Look at the doggy." Before I could react, the kid stuck his fingers into my dog's nostrils. All I could think of was dead child, dead dog. Luckily, for all her quirks, my dog LOVES people. All people. She started licking the child's hand & wagging her tail wildly.

I then started her on a training program where if anyone acts weird (grabbing her, knocking into her, throwing things at her), it's cause humans are insane & play really bizarre games.

In the almost 5 years I've had her, I've had to deal with kids running up behind us, throwing toys at her, jumping on her, kicking her, hitting her. She takes it all in stride, thinking "Oh, goodie, the kid wants to play. Yippee."

So sorry about what happened. Good luck. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    I know what u are talking about, when my son was 1 yr. we visited my mom who had a purebred german shepherd as a inside dog. My dh was carrying our son when the dog bite his foot. Not hard mind u but still, but since we got there this dog had a thing for my son, was growling barking trying to get him the whole visit. But when the nip happened my dh hit the dog in the face to get it to leave him alone. My mom freaked was all about dont hit the dog it cost $1000, we both went back with what about your grandson, if it had bit harder or went after his face!! Needless to say the visit endled badly. I dont like hitting dogs, but then I dont think a german sheperd should be an inside dog.

That's terrible. Unfortunately, some people get very protective when someone criticizes their pets. Just curious, was the dog male, about 2, & did your Mom have very little company come over (especially men)?

When I was 6, I went to spend the summer with my grandparents in Europe. They had a beautiful big, 100lb German Shepherd whose job it was to protect the house & family. Well, I was 6, so I lagged behind as my Mom & Grandma walked to the door. The dog had been chained, but managed to get loose, ran up to me, & nipped my arm hard enough to leave a bruise. All my Grandma had to do was turn & stare at the dog. Poor dog looked up expectantly, then this look came over his face. "Oh, darn, you mean this wasn't a burglar to be put in her place?" He slunk off to the very back of the yard.

The next day I was sitting on the front steps beside him, reading him a story. We were best friends after that.

It's funny, the dog had very little training, other than yes or no, lived inside in the winter, outside in the summer, & worshipped my Grandma. He never made the same mistake of biting anyone ever again, although he did pin down a wannabe thief, who'd climbed over the fence & was heading to the back window (apparently he knocked the idiot down & sat on him till help came).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Andit, thanks for the articles. I will have to forward them on to my brother when he decides to talk to me again.

We have a kid-safe dog (Walker Hound who only licks people to death lol), so that isn't the worry for us. He won't be afraid of dogs or cats (we have a cat too). Tyler can do almost anything to the animals and they really don't mind.

My brother's dogs are spoiled brats and have been trained but neither my brother or his wife have re-inforced the rules. It's a really sad situation. It kills me to be so mad at him. He won't even answer the phone when I call there. I had to call my mom last night about it cause I was so upset. DH laughed at me and said that I was telling on my brother lol. He's upset that the dog got kicked (which I can understand cause she's like their first born), but his nephew almost got bit, which relates to the story that Haun told.

Thanks guys for listening. I'm sure the situation will pan out and everything will be just fine.
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Andit, the dog was a male, about 1-2 I think, but they did have lots of company, always entertaining. Said it still needed training or something, but even though its done that it still is an aggresive dog. I was mostly shocked as any other time in my moms life she would have snapped at the dog not us.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

awww cute dog keeping away the burglers by sitting on them LOL

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ugggghhh... I think I have slept like 18 of the last 24 hours. So tired, had to take Winter to the emergency AGAIN over another UTI, I cannot wait for her to have that damn test! Poor kid... though the nurses at emergency had a "Present from Santa" for her and every other kid that was in the emergency, she got the Chutes and Ladders board game. She was insanely pleased, even if she was puking... poor girl!

Oh dear... Well, no matter what happens, you did the right thing. I know myself, and especially my DH, and if a dog nipped at one of our kids, he would have lost his mind. I had a great friend in school whose grandmother's dog (who was 8 and been around the child his whole life) just up and bit him on the face one day when they were all just sitting at the table. It was very strange, but it made me totally nervous of dogs forever.
    Even if your brother takes a while to come around, I do hope what you said, that he figures something out before the new baby comes. That seems a bit scary

Quote Originally Posted by RTlady View Post
    OMG it is so wonderful to be back home again... take me away for
    a few days and I get so homesick; I love my walls, my bed, my bathroom... LOL

We spent a wonderful Christmas with dear daughter & son-in-law in London
    then drove to Oakville yesterday... Heavy "FOG" all the way to Hamilton. If that
    wasn't bad enough, half of the drivers didn't think of putting their lights on. I
    guess they assume their running lights are enough but don't they realize they
    have no rear lights on???? Visibility was about nil and I'll tell you my 'buns'
    were as tight as steel!

Happy to be home and back to my SC friends... I sure missed you all.

Now I'm going to read back what I've missed - Have an awesome day!!
    Wasn't that fog INSANE?? My dh came home from work and said he almost had a heart attack a dozen times driving in it, it was so thick here you couldn't even see the traffic lights!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

aw poor baby at least the present brightened up her night even if she was really sick
    fog was bad here too couldnt see cars coming and I live on a tiny side road that isnt that wide so driving home from dropping dad off at work to pick up our other car I was hugging the side of the road in case another car was coming in the opposite direction...almost missed the turn off onto the side road too cause you couldnt see it for all the fog LOL

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Wow - I'm still finding out how to use this site and and I saw 7 things to read when I looked at my account and I went wow - wonder what? and here you all are.

Thanks to all you for your warm welcome and advice/tips -- roseofblack20, love2save, haunish, Shebby and zoodle, babygonnermann, Arlene, LOLcat, stardreamer7990, Jettred and anyone one I accidently missed - yikes.

Cheers
    Darlene

So I'm assuming those are contests I can enter posted by Love2save? Is that right?

Thanks so much. I think I'll give this a whirl or two.

Darlene

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Darlene- there are 3 different contests for photographs at P&P right now that you can enter, the links in my post are to the entries we have in the contests. The links are there so we can vote for each other's entries and get points for ourselves. You get 1000oints for each entry and 5 points for each vote.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all
    Want to become a member of SC? click the link below
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=20466

CaLoonie lol am loony stardreamer7880's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whew so glad Christmas is over ready to take down the tree too and have our livingroom back in order! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas we sure did. Posted some pics of present opening. Fraid I had the camera out all the time but that was the only time I remembered to get some pics. Ohwell. So tired of leftovers had soup for dinner tonight. Kids left Sunday afternoon, hated to see them go but at the same time it was good to have our quiet home back lol, rested all afternoon and evening so now am awake but starting to get very tired again. I'll catch up on the posts tomorrow.
    Baby your brother will get over it and if he doesn't he needs a good boot in the butt himself, shame on him that is his nephew and even if it was a stranger he should care more for the child then his precious dog. Believe me as much as I care about my Mollie if she bit a baby she'd be in so much trouble, no one else would have to do a thing to her I'd make sure she never wanted to bite anyone again. She's so scared of little kids but even tho they will run up to her and start grabbing and petting she's never even nipped at one just runs to me for protection. Kids need to learn that they should never go up to a strange dog especially to run up to one without caution. It scares me so badly that Mollie will get overly scared and bite out of fear and being startled. I make sure each child that will stop long enough knows that they should never do what they just did, that a strange dog might bite them but some you can tell didn't listen. If I had it to do over I would of found a way to expose Mollie to babies and kids so that I wouldn't have to worry quite so much.
    Have a good night everyone i'm off to bed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

[quote=Love2save;631491]
    Quote Originally Posted by Love2save View Post
    JCPenny
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...ew/hearth-home
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...ristmas-to-all
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...sh-s-wish-list
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...n-always-dream
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...en-really-good
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-l-s-wish-list
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-q-s-wish-list
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-t-s-wish-list
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...ey-s-wish-list
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult.../nancy-s-needs
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...view/the-dream
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-you-listening
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...would-be-great
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...ent-and-future
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...s-chaotic-life
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...y-s-wish-list0

http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...ou-gale-harold
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...my-dream-list6
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...h-for-anything
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...hes-for-us-all
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-hot-christmas
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/ult...-list-for-2008

Holiday Smiles
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...appy-holidays0
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...this-every-day
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...n-on-the-drums

http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...ana-and-pepper
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...ke-the-picture
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...love-christmas
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/hol...ember-birthday

Doggie-wood
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...-is-in-the-air
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...it-s-christmas

http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...ew/i-love-snow
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...iss-mollie-dog
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...this-is-my-bed
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...loving-sisters
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...by-snuggled-up
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...we-is-jes-cute
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...cool-for-words
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...od/view/linkin
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...very-good-girl

http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...e-at-em-yumm-o
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...hat-nose-daddy
    http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...-comes-tonight

http://www.sheknows.com/contests/dog...uddle-me-katie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning Everyone.

Well I am now back home and at work.

It is so good to be back home and in my onw bed!! The cats were happy to see us too. Well 2 of the cats, the other one went out Saturday night and only came home this morning. The little tramp, good thing she is fixed. LOL The kids were happy they got to see her before I dropped them at their fathers this morning at 6am. LOL He had the choice of picking them up last night, but he was too busy. GRRR what a dork. He wanted me to drop them later in the morning and I said "I have to go to work remember!!" The kids didn't want to go back either, but they had too.

Baby - The dog is lucky I wasn't there or it would be dead now, and so would your brother. He really needs to learn that a child is more important and that the dog should not be nipping at anyone. When we got a puppy, the first thing the vet told us was no rough play if we wanted a dog that wouldn't bite. We had a great dog, but we I moved out I couldn't take him and the DA (dumb A$$) ex didn't want the responisblity so the dog went a to farm.

Rose - I sure hope you get to keep the job, but if not, then you know something better will come along.

PF - What a sweet looking baby!! He is so cute I could just eat him up. LOL

Welcome to the family all the new people out there that joined while I was gone.

I am still sick, and I don't know what it is. I ended up with pink eye on Dec 18th, so I had to take the 18 -19th off of work. Then over the next week I just got sicker and sicker. I went to emergency in Cambridge, but they said it was just a cold and nothing they could do. All they gave was a script for Tylenol 3s. My throat was so sore I could barely swallow. I ended up taking dad's cough meds and I am still not better. (Dads meds are what the docs usually give to me when I have a cold so don't anyone tell not to take other people drugs. LOL) (I have the tendency to get pneumonia if I am not careful with a cold) At least I have a yearly exam coming up, so if I am still sick, maybe my doc will do something. This cold has been going on for the last 3-4 week.

I am the only one here right now it seems so quite!! Where is everyone!!

I'll be back later. I tried to give out rep, but I could give to everyone, I still need to pass it around a bit.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

Thread Information