User Tag List

Page 732 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 232 632 682 722 730 731 732 733 734 742 782 832 1232 1732 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 29298
Like Tree118404Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, you busy bees!

Thought I would check in before the tablet runs out of juice.

Nurse came mid-morning, it was the district head nurse again so that was nice. All was okay with vitals. She still finds it odd that my pulse is hard to detect, but it has always been that way. And my breathing is so light - again, nothing else to do wrong, just I yam what I yam.

Got a call that my walker is in from BC, so husband will leave work early to go pay for it and pick it up.

Then just a bit ago, got a call from my home care coordinator. They have all been busy because they made a big move. I had been wondering (since my status changed) if I would still have her, and she said she would stay with me as long as she could. She was just checking in to see if I needed anything, different services, etc. We ended up talking mostly about my lack of mobility.

The physiotherapist suggested it might be the time to start thinking about a wheelchair.

About the new clinic for those like me, just opened at a nearby mall - where most of my health team is -

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/governme...-health-centre

That's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely evening. The highlight of mine will be getting my hair washed! Oy. How the mighty have fallen!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh I hear ya @walkonby It took me a few months for this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi, you busy bees!

Thought I would check in before the tablet runs out of juice.

Nurse came mid-morning, it was the district head nurse again so that was nice. All was okay with vitals. She still finds it odd that my pulse is hard to detect, but it has always been that way. And my breathing is so light - again, nothing else to do wrong, just I yam what I yam.

Got a call that my walker is in from BC, so husband will leave work early to go pay for it and pick it up.

Then just a bit ago, got a call from my home care coordinator. They have all been busy because they made a big move. I had been wondering (since my status changed) if I would still have her, and she said she would stay with me as long as she could. She was just checking in to see if I needed anything, different services, etc. We ended up talking mostly about my lack of mobility.

The physiotherapist suggested it might be the time to start thinking about a wheelchair.

About the new clinic for those like me, just opened at a nearby mall - where most of my health team is -

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/governme...-health-centre

That's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely evening. The highlight of mine will be getting my hair washed! Oy. How the mighty have fallen!
    Hi, Nat! I was wondering if you all had power there, it looked like you were just on the edge of the power outage....glad to see everything's fine there and you have heat and power.

Wrt your wheelchair....will it fit through your doorways? I think it was a problem for you before? Or was that just your walker? I hope your new one helps you become more mobile.

As for hair-washing...goodness, I was thrilled at being able to get into the shower after my cast came off and I was able to take off my leg brace finally!! My DH had been washing my hair in the kitchen sink for heaven's sake...we only have a rain-shower in the bathroom so that did us no good at all.

Take care, Nat!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    If you are still here @Lynn49

on the Shop The Block Promo this year to earn the maximum bonus of 2,000 Air Miles, it is more of a challenge ( for me ) to obtain a purchase from 7 different sponsors without breaking the bank so to speak.
    LCBO came out with a new offer starting Dec 3rd for 3 specific brands of wine, the cheapest being $25.00.
    Buy any of the 3 types and earn a bonus 25 AM, but that purchase will also qualifies as one of the seven!!

hey also....for next week's Metro flyer ( starting Thurs Dec 6th ) make sure ( if you have enough AM to redeem ) that you send sweetie DH over to Metro once each day to redeem 95 AM and you get back 50 AM.
    Any item(s) that you want to buy each day that comes to $10.00 you pay for with your AM, and then you get 50 AM right back into your account!!
    FOUR days only though....Thurs. Fri. Sat, Sun.
    Thank you, @walkonby , I'll let him know!! Appreciate the heads-up!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not a fan of Jack Daniels - in fact, I can't stand even the smell of it - however, we discovered this yesterday and it's pretty darned good...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I'm not a fan of Jack Daniels - in fact, I can't stand even the smell of it - however, we discovered this yesterday and it's pretty darned good...

Not a fan either, @GoJays , and I enjoy ciders, is this comparable with other ciders or is it more JD? Iykwim....
    I just noticed, 15% alcohol! One of those for me and it's, "Hello sailor!".
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Dec 4th, 2018 at 09:19 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

did anyone besides me watch that awesome Toronto vs Buffalo hockey game tonight? What a game!! All 3 periods were fast and exciting and the Leafs had a photo finish with Matthews scoring the O.T. winner with 2 seconds left on the clock.

Woo hoo!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 we didn't lose power, though a few neighbourhoods did for a short time. Those outages were due to frost buildup on lines - too many days with no sun!
    The more widespread outages that hit the news were way South of here. Three power stations went out, they don't know the cause yet.

Hair washing, have had to get it done in the kitchen sink, just with a cup. The last few times have been in the bedroom, with a very big bowl and me bent over the walker. Hey, whatever gets it washed. And it did not get done tonight, husband is in poor shape.

Good night, everyone!

About the wheelchair, I have no clue. I know nothing about them.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby I've been listening to creepy pasta stories lol. Probably going to have a hard time sleeping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's not fizzy like a cider. It's flat like JD. It's more of a blend of apple flavor (<-- Oooooo... No U!!!) with a splash of JD. You can still get a hint of that distinctive whiskey coming through. Like I said, I hate JD and I quite enjoy this. And that 15% isn't terrible @Lynn49 , wine generally runs at about 12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Not a fan either, @GoJays, and I enjoy ciders, is this comparable with other ciders or is it more JD? Iykwim....
    I just noticed, 15% alcohol! One of those for me and it's, "Hello sailor!".

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @walkonby I've been listening to creepy pasta stories lol. Probably going to have a hard time sleeping.
    o.k. I'll bite @cabmonk ...what are creepy pasta stories?? You mean like pasta the food?

Good morning @GoJays another one in the rear view mirror eh? A Tuesday that is.... has us excited to greet Hump Day with all the enthusiasm of a deep sigh.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  39F1D2E6-54FF-4B14-9188-F052553882C5.gif
Views: 61
Size:  203.6 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Thread Information