User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The 4 errands(Dollorama,public harvest,mondoux -a pet store- and tim hortons) I had to do are done yay!!!
    I need to plan the dinners menu of this upcoming week tough..
    My winter boots that I paid 70$ in the clearance section rebate of 30$ at least...in a shoes stores are pratically finished.I wanted those to last for 2 years grr....really cheap....so will have next year to chase the deals and hoping for better quality....grrr
    Yay Eve and Stella special food was in sale of 8,00$ and we used 2,00$ in points reward so saved 10$...Every little bit does helps!!! Vet Diet does not have coupons unfortunnatly....and honnestly first time I see a rebate (today and tomorrow ) for their food.I saw cat grass but did not bought the plant at 4,99$ will see if the small grass my uncle give to my father will grow in a same dirt plant than the spider plant.Spider plant is half alive ,better than nothing.
    Spend a bit more t han a tought I would at Dollorama,but for hairs things and school supplies
    So appart IGA and Maxi and cie tomorrow ..no more planned expenses.
    Off to shower to get motivated
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Harbie, I know what you mean with your DHs emergency text, a few years ago my husbands bike Garmim sent me an emergency text that there had been an event, then DH did not answer his phone and when he finally called me I lost it when he told me his bike fell over and it never occurred to him I would get a text.
    I’m thankful dh answered. I would have actually had a heart attack if he didn’t! Technology is a good thing but also not @HermanH I saw that news story too. Luckily it sent the emergency to me only and I can’t really blame Dh since it’s a new phone he was setting up and the last phone he had was 9 or 10 years old so the technology has changed a bit

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh boy, sorry for you guys that saw snow this morning. My deepest sympathies BUT don't send any of it here! lol
    I am just cooking away, saved a few veg from going into the compost. Roasted a whole head of cauliflower, 1 red pepper, 1 zucchini and 2 fat carrots.
    The Shake 'N Bake pork loin pieces are in the oven atm, still pondering doing up 3-4 hassleback spuds.
    Enjoy the day all!
    p.s. I got a tiny twinge of guilt reading about your DD's escape at that resort @coupon girl . How relaxing.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! and what a wonky day it's been weather wise here in the Shwa!
    Some snow,sunshine,cloudy,clear,snow really coming down,sunshine again.What has remained steady is the temperature/windchill no time for dillydallying.Got the heating pad out too as body aching today.No worries as still dragged myself out for the walk.
    Best deal this week was hotdogs @ 44 cents/package with No Frills Christmas time e-coupon.Scored 4 of them to pass some on.
    REMINDER just under two weeks left to use whatever No Frills Christmas time e-coupons you may have snagged.
    Enjoy your weekend my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Potluck tonight with a group of friends. I found these ladies through Facebook and we just have such a blast together. Tonight’s plan is bring a dish from your family’s heritage. I am very much from the uk but decided to honour my Canadian self and bring Hawaiian pizza. Yes pineapple on pizza is not only Canadian but rumour has it this originated in London Ontario. I am picking up the Fortinos one because they have awesome pizza.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I popped over to shoppers stuck to my list ,spent $24.00.I cant believe my offers were not that great ,plus they wanted to give me 20 times if i spent 90.00(not happening).

Got gas that was cheaper $1.34 spent $35.90 saved .82 cents from putting it on my RBC credit card -linked

Then home ,sweet home .

Oh visited hubby's brother this morning my sister-in-law wasnt there ,we chatted and i gave him a gift for hubby's sister as she is on disability(money and a t-shirt and socks)she only has so much to go around .
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Feeling for those with snow especially when it’s finally sunny here. Don’t worry, the rain is on its way and apparently mostly rain for the next week and into the next .

I did a massive clean today. Blinds, bedding bathrooms, floors and some regular laundry. Dh is on his way home and then we’re off to play some pickle ball so hoping the courts aren’t being used.

I need to do some shopping but I’d rather be in the sunshine so tonight is odds and ends from the fridge and I’ll stock up tomorrow and most likely as soon as the stores opens in the AM. Also need to stop by the bank for a deposit.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    Got way more done today than I expected to. Nice surprise, but not sure my body is so happy, kind of sore now. My plantar fasciitis is acting up so my foot is killing me which is throwing off my hips and back because I stand funny. But I pushed through and am happy with what I got done.

All of the prep except the Cantaloupe & Kiwi, I will cut those up tomorrow.

Mom cut up the roast into Strips, we got 10 bags of strips, each bag equals a meal. Then instead of cutting up Chunks since we still have 8 bags of chunks in the freezer we cooked off the rest of the roast to keep in the fridge. Whatever is not eaten by Thursday will go in the freezer.

Mom also made the meatloaves and we had one for dinner with a Mashed Potato Bake (I have mashed potatoes to use up), Roasted Carrots (cut up today) and Brussel Sprouts (found an open bag in the freezer).

Well, Mom was working on the meat, I cleaned the pantry, the floor was a disaster, stuff everywhere. Potatoes and Onions have been packed away, everything is in its place on the shelf. Then I cleaned the chest freezer so I could get in the bread & bagels I bought this week. Doesn't look like we need much from Costco but there is some room in the chest freezer which is nice to see.

The Kitchen is clean and the garbage has been taken out.

Tomorrow I need to cut up the Kiwi and Cantaloupe, clean the floors and the bathroom and maybe make a batch of cookies, I am craving cookies.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!
    I took a 3 hours mental break of my book and wow I am impressed on how much I actually accomplished.!!! Still some things to be deal with and done but super happy with some progress!!!
    1- Grocery shopping list is done for tomorrow shopping
    2-Menu planning of the week is done,very simple but effective I put it on the fridge.
    Sunday: Puff pastry pot pie chicken brocoli cheddar with a salad or macaroni salad with gouda ans swiss cheese
    Monday: Sliced smoked ham with pineapple slices and mashed patatoes
    Tuesday: Spaghetti (have sauce need to be used up) with swiss cheese and maybe sauted veggies on top
    Wednesday: Shrimps with chinese rice and a salad.
    Thursday:Croissants with ham and cheese (croque monsieur in french) with dip and veggies
    Friday : dad work so I will see for me..something simple like a quiche
    Simple but not so much prep and will be perfect for me and my no time this week.

So cleaning things I did get done:
    1- Cleaning kitchen floor it was a mess of random things ..now purged ,organisated and much neat and better !!!
    (Put stuff in pantry,rotate stuff,put bags togheter etc,,,)
    2-Cleaning purging the 2 first shelves of the main pantry the other one is cupboards on top of the kitchen sink... so rotate and classed by bb date all the cereals in one shelves,put stuff at his place,tagging stuff need to be used soon,tossed expired stuff like sauces and dressing... the importance to see what I have and rotate my stuff..so I know things we are good with and things missed....)

For the bathroom: I refilled hand soaps pumps,I did inventary of cleaning supply and we are good and still good stockpiled.
    For the cats: Refilled their small bag with the big bag purchased today of dry food.
    I did put a space for the cat with a mat rug it will be less messy.
    So ..I put voltaren I have back pain for moving stuff...
    1 remaining shelf we dont really use it is a disaster and would love to getting that done but it is less important I need to purge to get the space..but it will be for another day,as for the kitchen counters and the spare bedroom stuff...a little bit at the time not to get overwhelmed....

Have a good night.
    I have me too a cantaloup and the other fruits is strawberries I need to deal with..but it is for tommorrow too!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 11:15 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! Happy Sunday!!!
    The sun is here but -7 degres this morning
    I actually woke up 1 hour earlier to clean and reorganise the 2 countertops.It ticked me to see those in that shape.We are not there but 50% getting there.
    Cleaned the toaster and the counter tops.Put things in recycle,stored others ones and just a major tidy up.We are missing place in the cupboards so the stuff is getting in the counters...grrr...Will try to figure it out a effective solution for that.
    The final goals are no stuff or 90% off on the counters tops and no stuff on the floor..just in the pantry.I found in the pantry so much sauces and 3 plastic saran wrap ,1 more si bon ketchup.2 more nescafe coffee,1 more bag of sugar....so those things are getting off on my grocery list...so less $$$ spended.
    Dad was really surprised yesterday night and happy with all the little things I did .
    Thinking of purchasing another ham at IGA it is on the flyer and a good price 550 gr for 7,99$..will check the date.The other one I have is april 22 and I want to save it for Easter meal.
    Have a fabulous day!!!
    My godmother we talk pretty much each day on fb...she have a sugar shack and the temperature is ideal for the trees to give water.!!!They invited us,will see when I will be less busy with the school.I am craving maple butter but it is still the batch of last year in public harvest.Yesterday I had 4 ticked for a contest of a easter food bascket prize..fingers crossed.
    They did a eggs hunt chase for the kids with the upcoming spring it was so cute!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 19th, 2023 at 08:01 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning, probably needed.

Last night I went over my budget before bed. I was a little bit worried about my grocery budget since I had an unplanned second shop last week where I grabbed an additional 4 butters. Plus because I got the meats this week, I spent more than I had planned. I am pleasantly surprised, it was not as bad as expected, I am still within budget but not going to lie I always want to be under budget so happy I have the $$$ to cover it but still don't like to spend the $$$.

I noticed there is a credit pending for my Old Navy order, once that is issued I will update that part of my budget.

Got a few things to get done this morning, aiming for an hour of cleaning, then finish my prep and be done, unless I decide to do more.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

My plan to grocery shop this morning went out the window. Not sure what happened but the morning seemed to get away from me. I really need to do it since I’m down to 2 cups shredded romaine, 1 cucumber, a few green onions and some carrots.

The first game of the 2023 pickle ball season was played yesterday by Dh and I. It was so much fun and excellent cardio too. I missed not playing this winter. We talked out when we would be able to go to Palm Springs for the winters and play…… really can’t wait for retirement but it’s too far away .

Finished my morning tea and now for my coffee before heading out for a walk…..

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My one-hour reset was done in about 45 minutes. I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen plus did the floors, the floors are always my issue. But I will admit I only vacuumed them today, no mopping.

When I was done I needed a shower so before I did my prep I took a shower.

Then I decided to make a batch of Peanut Butter Blossom Bars, you are supposed to use Hershey Kisses but I did not have any so I just sprinkled Chocolate Chips on top.

Cut up the Cantaloupe and the Kiwi, lost a Kiwi it felt a little soft but when I cut it open it was like it was going back from the inside out.

All of the dishes have been done, the kitchen is clean and I think I am done for the day.

Now to figure out dinner for tonight, I gave Mom some options but nothing jumped out at her. Although a few things she did make a face at so I will take that as a no. We could have
    Enchiladas
    Pizza - Homemade
    Shepard's Pie - Using one of the small roasts we cooked yesterday
    Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Veggies
    Steak or Baked Chicken Breast with Baked Potato & Veggies

We have options, now we just need to pick one.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Cantaloupe is cutted and placed in the fridge,he was super ripe just about time to deal with it.
    Grocery is all done .
    I calculated how much I have spend this week end,clearly overbudget but I am getting paid this week and they where good sales.
    Maxi and cie: 154$
    IGA: 80$
    Public Harvest: 20$
    Dollorama : 25$
    and Tim hortons 15$
    =294$ but wont need as much as this week next week so that will balance.Some week I spend more,some other less so it all balanced at the end of the month.
    I sticked to my list at maxi and cie but forgot 1 thing..oups...dad will go this week for that
    Dishes need to be done,dad job.
    Treated myself to a poke bowl for lunch they are in this week flyer for 13,99$ at IGA I took two salmons,that is my reward for the hard cleaning yesterday!!! So good.
    Have a great rest of afternoon ,evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 19th, 2023 at 02:44 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA: Lafleur petit capricieux smoked maple ham 550 gr x2 @7,99$ saved 5,50$ on each(I would never pay that) bb april 30!!!
    Maxi and cie Palmolive dish soap @1,25$ x 6( that was the limit) sad no Palmolive 1$ coupons but good price.And it does not go bad
    Titan Aluminium foil 25 pi:1,00$ x3
    Lays BBQ chips famillial size @3,50$ each(forgot to print 0,50$ coupons grr)
    Ziploc sandwich bags I go trough a lot @5,49$
    Quebon Chocolate milk 1 L @1,75$ each x 2 bb end of april
    International delight coffee creamer french vanilla medium bottle 4,49$ and bb in july
    Oasis smooties @3,59$ x3 minus 3x 0,50$ coupons=3,09$ each bb in june
    Red seedless grapes @1,44$ lbs pm metro
    Rapsberries 170 gr containers x4@1,44$ each pm wm(I cannot believe they are 4,99$ at IGA hahaha)
    Olymel sliced smoked turkey famillial package @9,49$ bb end of april(it was much cheaper than cut up some at deli counter)
    PG puff pastry pot pie chicken brocoli cheddar reg 8,99$ pm super c for 7,77$ x 2..bb march 26
    used 10$ in points saved 1,50$ in coupons and a bunch by pm.Forgot 1 thing on my list oh well...

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information