User Tag List

Page 1637 of 1962 FirstFirst ... 637 1137 1537 1587 1627 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1647 1687 1737 ... LastLast
Results 24,541 to 24,555 of 29417
Like Tree118634Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Outside feel like Fall this morning. Needs to do a few errands today can’t put it off.

Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Time to start the day here as well. Haven't yet poked my nose out into the air but I'll take your word for it @flemeth about the Fall temps. Yesterday DS and DH went above and beyond their chore callings and cleaned the entire backyard, tearing down the gazebo skin and netting panels, storing the wicker chairs and cushions away in the shed.

Then they tackled the last of the plant jungle that had overgrown, barrels were trimmed, pushed to the side walls of the deck. All this work was done even though they both felt like crap ( DH aching body, DS headache and congestion ) . They even harvested a handful of yummy green beans for me!
    The hard plastic see through roofing panels of the gazebo will be taken down another time as they both were too depleted to continue.

Summers definitely gone once we lose our backyard hideaway.
    Hoping Tuesday brings everyone more than just a recycle truck rambling along your curb.

Just had to add this....sounded so much like a guy protesting against his honey-do list

Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Nov 2nd, 2021 at 08:11 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning all.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

SCARIEST scam call ever just now!!!!!

I don't think my heart will stop pounding for another hour!

We rec'd a call from "Private Caller" which generally we don't answer but some medical offices do just that.

The guy says, "Grandpa, I was just in an accident and had a fender-bender...."...so my Hubby said, "Who is this? (Grandon's) name?"..."Yah...I just had an accident." Then my Hubby said, "You don't even have a driver's licence..." CLICK. Hung up.
    Our GS is in school, grade 7, A+ student for heaven's sake?! So we tried to call him back and of course they're not allowed to have their phones on in the classroom, so we called our DD at her work number, just her message came on to either leave her a message or call her assistant.
    So I called their house and she answered...."it's a scam" she said...next he'd have asked you to wire him some money!!!

So please, everyone, be aware of this new scam....some damn, unemployed, lazy creatures are trying to steal even more!!

As for my heart...I hope it returns to normal soon.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 , how awfully frightening for the 2 of you very concerned grandparents! This is not a new scam though. I have heard others just like it where the " grandchild, nephew, niece " are in another Country and have lost their wallet or ID and need funds to get home.
    It is fortunate that your own GS is not driving just yet because that was a fortunate tip-off that it was fake.
    Must be tough avoiding calls from unknown numbers, we have no issue here, because we have no call display on the land line and no cell phones.
    I just screen everything by listening to the relic of an answering machine.
    If they leave no message, it's a telemarketer, if they leave a message that is " scam-ish " they usually leave a desperate sounding warning about a CC breach, or a bank matter and a very " helpful " phone number to call......ha ha ha
    Oh and also if there is no message it is one of our 2 kids who NEVER leave messages! grrr!
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I never answer the phone because 10/10 it is a telemarketer. Anyone that wants to get me knows to call my mobile.... or preferably text because I detest talking on the phone. Whatever happened to the 'do not call' list.....

Love the seal vid @walkonby
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We normally never answer phonenumberswe dont recognize but dammit, some clinics don't display their numbers when they call to book appointments and it's damn frustrating...I think our health unit does that iirc when they called back about our flu shots! We answered because we were expecting a call-back from a local number but now those damn low-lifes can imitate local numbers!!

Do not call lists? Just another scam and a make-work project for the govt to look good. As if that'll ever happen!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am normally full of hope when it comes to those Astros and their ability to fight back, but now even I must accept they will not force a Game 7, or be the World Series Champs this year.

sniff, sniff

Name:  Astros vs Braves 2021 game 6.png
Views: 94
Size:  28.4 KB
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am normally full of hope when it comes to those Astros and their ability to fight back, but now even I must accept they will not force a Game 7, or be the World Series Champs this year.

sniff, sniff

Name:  Astros vs Braves 2021 game 6.png
Views: 94
Size:  28.4 KB
    I'm staying away from the tv...if I go there the Astros will mount a come-back....(sorry, Walks..)...sort-of...
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ @Lynn49 we are BOTH NOT watching...for different reasons.
    This is a very emotional win for the Braves. I am happy for them too.

In uplifting Maple Leaf news they wiped the floor tonight with the Vegas Knights 4-0, but then again the Knights are down 4 very important players ( all long-ish term injuries ).
    If Vegas had been at full strength that game would have been very different.

I am wondering how DS made a batch of mashed potatoes tonight taste like the best I have ever eaten? I MUST punish him so I placed him on mashed spud duty for the Christmas Day meal, instructing him to make them the exact same way!
    ....oh and btw he is already in charge of making up all our roasted veggies. ( sweet potato, butternut squash, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini ).
    I do appreciate having a side kick in the kitchen, especially one that reaches up and grabs all the top shelf items for me.
    I am giddy with anticipation for Dec. 25th now!!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Guess I have to get a warmer coat out for my walk this morning since the temperature had dip I over night.

Stay warm and safe all
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth , you beat me today! @walkonby - sorry not sorry, that was the outcome I was hoping for, still love you @Lynn49 - the creepiest thing I ever saw a telemarketer do is disguise their phone number with MY OWN! I looked at the call display and it didn't register for a second - gee, why is that number so fam... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

and a bonus because this is my sense of humor... not everyone gets it but I think it's hilarious

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information