User Tag List

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Well the new dishwasher is in. Works great.

Unfortunately under the sink leaks worse than before. But we aren't supposed to talk about that.

Kicking my booking our flights to Victoria earlier. I thought they'd go down. But it's only gone up. $400 more than it was last week. So much for my coworker's tried and true method.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    You would think the person would have to bring the $ to the police , could that be arranged Insane? BUT I'm glad they admitted it for your own peace of mind.

Fantastic news about your son making the Canada Winter Games team that's very impressive .

Oh gotta love the husbands, it's so frustrating when everything goes wrong poor guy, hope you get your kitchen back soon, when we were renovating our kitchen I did dishes in the bathtub in a Rubbermaid geez fun times
    They are from a different community and have already returned home. Just checked my email, and no transfer yet. Big surprise . I just might call the person and mention it.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have a hard time passing up "Things with 'Possibilities'" from Thrift Stores.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well off from babysitting this week -oh so much fun things to do
    -his morning I am watching "ashlyn" while hubby and mybson -put in new kitchen taps-so maybe an hour and a half -who know-then I will stop a fortinos and get a few points on items and look for new coupons
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, today should be our last bone-chilling day - the temps are supposed to go up quite a bit.
    You know, it will just be some relief; two weeks of minus a billion are enough for anyone to handle!

I'm sad my husband has to go back to work today - well, I'm pretty sure he is, too!
    He's been home since two days before Christmas, and it's been wonderful!

Yesterday, our son came for supper and a visit. We watched the Golden Globes, stuffed our faces, and had an awesome visit. He actually came home earlier than usual, so I got to be kitchen director, and he did some of the finishing touches to the cooking - which he loves. Taught him some new things, which is always nice - nothing fancy, he just didn't realize some of the things I do or add when cooking something. Sent him home with a bounty of food, for which he is always grateful.

Hoping the week goes well for everyone!

Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avoncallingu
    Birthday freebies
    -Sephora VIB-sign up in store when you buy something. I noticed a Nars lip item seems to the be birthday freebie this year. Sephora sent me an email last week to update my profile (I had requested no email promos as they were sending too many) so I set e-mail to weekly. Hope to see a birthday e-mail about getting the freebie in-store (Jan. birthday here too).

-ShoppersOptimum gives an Optimum points coupon by e-mail the week or 5 days prior to your birthday. If you forget to redeem, you are out points. (last year I received the 4000 pts offer and forgot to bring it along the ONE time I was in-store that week).

-Starbucks gift card registered online-free birthday drink of choice and it can be any size.
    @coupongirl -am debating about making the trip to Stoney Creek's Value Village for the sale. Not certain I'd find a pair of pants. I definitely like today's milder temperature--it's going to feel like -27C tonight.

Made it to the Fabricland sale on Sat. and while I had the car (in exchange for getting brother a takeout meal for him from the mall), that parking lot was packed. Got my four basic colours of thread-happy at 50% off. Won $2 back for Cash for Life scratch ticket. Got a $4 ticket later-won $4. Going to redeem it soon and thinking to put the money on the Wed 6-49 draw-$30M- (neither the lotto Max nor Sat. 6-49 draw jackpots were won). My brother asked me what I'd do with $30M; I replied a spend (a car, money for friends who have some debts or need a replacement car,new flooring/furninture, a trip to a bakery with actual chocolate inside their croissants, visit Quebec Metro stores just because some of the flyer offers are interesting and their coupons too) would not be a problem but investing would need financial planning.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yes Natalka, I am looking forward to warmer weather in Alberta too, we haven't been quite as cold as Saskatoon but close!
    Plan on a quiet week here, doing some books and organizing and purging, which is never ending!! I did a huge fruit and vegetable shop on the weekend and prepped all meals for this week, cooked a huge turkey yesterday so that makes meal planning easy with the leftovers. My husband is back to his new year dieting...sigh, but instead of just eating sensibly he needs to follow a diet from a book or a trainer which drives me crazy, I don't believe in diets. I believe in making choices and cutting out anything that isn't healthy..take out, packaged and refined foods , and trans fats etc. But he needs the diet so this year he chose Fast Metabolism diet, the amount of prep is just stupid but at least it looks like a sound plan nutritionally, so it has begun today!!Wish me luck, as I will be joining him on the journey because I am not cooking different meals,our son already is a really healthy eater so I guess he is in too !!

Have a great week everyone!!
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    nancy my weekness is thrift shopping -love love love it -haven't been since before xmas but I know value village is 50 % on Monday-may get there may not -oh and socks -am always looking for clearance socks -but i hate target socks -gave them to my daughter-in-law (love marksworkwarehouse ladies socks -so comfpy)I store as them away and give as gifts in with someting thru out the year

-well we had a lovely roast beef,turnip ,mashed potatoes with or company and pumpkin pie(it was 2.99 when metro closed by me)I dropped a corelle bowl on my toe (sister-in-law had it under a bowl when I went to pick up it fell-iced my toe
    -then we played "apples to apples "such a fun game -we were all laughing
    Sounds like a wonderful evening - great food, company and laughs

Hope your toe is feeling a bit better, just glad it didn't get cut
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. sorry to hear the crochet group was not what you wished it would be
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon hope your tummy is feeling better today
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Insane well atleast your dh tried, hope it gets fixed soon before it creates bigger problems

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    They are from a different community and have already returned home. Just checked my email, and no transfer yet. Big surprise . I just might call the person and mention it.
    Sorry to hear that, hope they do the right thing afterall they are lucky you didn't places charges.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I have a hard time passing up "Things with 'Possibilities'" from Thrift Stores.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!

Well, today should be our last bone-chilling day - the temps are supposed to go up quite a bit.
    You know, it will just be some relief; two weeks of minus a billion are enough for anyone to handle!

I'm sad my husband has to go back to work today - well, I'm pretty sure he is, too!
    He's been home since two days before Christmas, and it's been wonderful!

Yesterday, our son came for supper and a visit. We watched the Golden Globes, stuffed our faces, and had an awesome visit. He actually came home earlier than usual, so I got to be kitchen director, and he did some of the finishing touches to the cooking - which he loves. Taught him some new things, which is always nice - nothing fancy, he just didn't realize some of the things I do or add when cooking something. Sent him home with a bounty of food, for which he is always grateful.

Hoping the week goes well for everyone!

You are all blessed to have each other

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon just remembered that Giant Tiger sends you a coupon via email for a choice of 3 or 4 items

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information