User Tag List

Page 1508 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 508 1008 1408 1458 1498 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1518 1558 1608 2008 2508 ... LastLast
Results 22,606 to 22,620 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Adventure for me today - first time cooking a beef tenderloin. Googled lots of recipes, made an combo of them.

Oh my gosh, absolutely succulent, tender, and yummers!

Sure wish we could afford something like that more often (we got it in a big lot of meat my husband bought, so don't know what it would cost separately).
    Served with a horseradish sauce I made, along with roasted potatoes and carrots.

My husband looked at what was left because he had helped me get stuff ready for the oven - and couldn't believe the little bit that was left. Well, I sure ate more meat than I usually would at one meal, that's for sure - and I think he and my son did as well.

Don't think anyone will have room for dessert, but there are sick brownie bites - think those will be a take-home item for our son, and to have on another day for us.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:50 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks lecale, I really have no clue how much this one weighed, it was big - filled a medium sized roaster for length.
    We all had eaten lots, and there was still a fair bit to cut up to give to our son, and enough for us for a small meal as well.

My son couldn't stop talking about how good a cook I was! Well, he always tells me that, but he thought this was extra yummy!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pan fried haddock and homemade dinner rolls.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Some sort of soup, and leftover Chinese food.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

from The Pioneer Woman site I'm making chow mein, orange chicken and just having plain white rice

8 oz thin lo mein noodles
    1 Tbsp peanut oil
    1 carrot, julienned
    ½ head napa cabbage, sliced thin
    ½ onion, sliced
    ¼ cup chicken broth
    ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp sesame oil
    Sliced green onions, for topping

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
    2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the peanut oil. Add the carrots, cabbage and onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil, then toss in the noodles. Top with sliced green onions.

Attachment 294015

Chicken

2 Tbsp cornstarch
    4 egg whites
    4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
    Sauce
    ½ cup orange juice, (I used Simply Orange)
    1 Tbsp soy sauce
    1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
    1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
    ¼ tsp sesame oil
    Dash salt
    Dash crushed red pepper
    1 clove garlic, pressed
    A little grated or minced ginger
    1 tsp cornstarch
    Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying

Chicken

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and egg whites with a fork until almost frothy, about 1 minute. Add the chicken to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
    Sauce
    1. Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and ginger in a small nonstick skillet and whisk. Heat until bubbling and starting to thicken, about 5 minutes.
    2. Whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and add 1 to 2 tbsp of the cornstarch slurry to the sauce. Mix in and thicken for 1 minute.
    3. Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven until a deep-fry thermometer inserted in the oil registers 350°F. Carefully drop the chicken into the oil and move it around, ing gently, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Let the pieces drain on a plate lined with paper towels for 2 to 3 minutes. Then drop them back into the oil for 1 minute to really solidify the coating.
    4. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve.

Attachment 294016

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Friday night ended up being pork stir-fry over rice (close to mac& cheese right?)

Saturday I used up half a red pepper, a few mushrooms, half a chicken breast, a partial bag of pasta and 3 jars of canned brushetta mix, topped with cheese and baked until melted.

Sunday I made perogie casserole, some how the perogies ended up in the wrong freezer and we freezer burnt, but once baked in the sauce you could not tell.

Tonight we have to go out so dinner on the go, now to decide what I am craving.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Adventure for me today - first time cooking a beef tenderloin. Googled lots of recipes, made an combo of them.

Oh my gosh, absolutely succulent, tender, and yummers!

Sure wish we could afford something like that more often (we got it in a big lot of meat my husband bought, so don't know what it would cost separately).
    Served with a horseradish sauce I made, along with roasted potatoes and carrots.

My husband looked at what was left because he had helped me get stuff ready for the oven - and couldn't believe the little bit that was left. Well, I sure ate more meat than I usually would at one meal, that's for sure - and I think he and my son did as well.

Don't think anyone will have room for dessert, but there are sick brownie bites - think those will be a take-home item for our son, and to have on another day for us.
    Mmmm....how did you cook it? Roasted?

I am just about to place a meat order and planning on 3 or so tenderloins. We age them and cut them into steaks...about $17/kg though but it's a treat.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Saturday I made shrimp fried rice

Sunday was grilled chicken breast on a bun and salad

Tonight no clue yet lol

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

mmmmm perogie casserole? That sounds great! I will have to google the recipe. I usually fry my perogies with onion and garlic and eat with sour cream, green onion, bacon bits, cheese etc. Haven't had that in awhile, time to put it back in rotation.

But tonight, I am stealing Padyo's idea. Tuna fish sammies sounds good - it's been years!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@KelJo - are the pioneer woman's recipes any good? I've been watching her shows on TV lately and her recipes seem easy which I like.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

^ Yes, they are great recipes, I've also made a couple of the pasta recipes and steak fingers. I've been watching her shows as well and looked her up online as her recipes are straightforward. I will definitely be trying more

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Mmmm....how did you cook it? Roasted?

I am just about to place a meat order and planning on 3 or so tenderloins. We age them and cut them into steaks...about $17/kg though but it's a treat.
    WOW, $17/Kg is a great price, we get a cheap Sirloin for that price. Send a few our way.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DH cooking tonight, Braising ribs with lots of Mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes and grilled carrots.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    WOW, $17/Kg is a great price, we get a cheap Sirloin for that price. Send a few our way.
    Is it? Great!! I thought it was a bit expensive, but haven't done much price comparing. We get it right from the butcher/meat packer as a wholesale order a few times a year. They also have garlic bacon

Thread Information