User Tag List

Page 627 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 727 1127 1627 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's really cool here, too. After supper when I went to put my feet up, I had to go under the whole comforter. Sure will have to tonight.

Just finished making a broccoli grape salad for tomorrow, it's one of Milan's faves and he is coming tomorrow.

He will be doing back-to-school soon. He starts after Labour Day, goes til end of October - his last stint, and he will have his journeyman's. Hm, I guess it's journey person's now?

Good night all, sweet dreams.
    Nurse comes tomorrow, so have to be ready early just in case s/he comes. Though usually I think they go earliest to those who need help with their meds.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Heard this on the radio tonight, American Samoan hotshot crew 61, helping with the California fires. This vid is from last fall.
    They sing to keep motivated!

They sound amazing!

Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Aug 25th, 2018 at 01:07 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This one reminds me of the Maori haka

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Heard this on the radio tonight, American Samoan hotshot crew 61, helping with the California fires. This vid is from last fall.
    They sing to keep motivated!

They sound amazing!

"Everything to God in Prayer "
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! It's suddenly gotten pretty warm in here, @ Natalka!! What a sexy chant! The first time I saw it, was before a rugby game when the Samoan team came on the field....in their uniforms, they looked terrifying...lol. but...in a sexy way. it might have been Austrailian Rules rugby on Sunday mornings..my Mom and I used to watch those games. They just did that last part....wow. I pretty much waited for the Samoan team. ;-)

Good morning, everyone!!
    Hope you all have a wo derful relaxing or exciting day...whatever tickles your fancies.

Good morning, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:30 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Happy Caturday!

Was a very cold overnight, and unfortunately I was up for most of it.
    Had to get up early anyway so my husband could put my stockings on before he went to an appointment.

So I am all squeaky clean now, waiting for the nurse.
    Made a marinade for back ribs, gave them a good massage, so they can absorb it all before BBQing them for supper.
    I will make a big pasta salad this morning, so much chopping I have to spread it out.

Have a Fab day, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning! Happy Caturday!

Was a very cold overnight, and unfortunately I was up for most of it.
    Had to get up early anyway so my husband could put my stockings on before he went to an appointment.

So I am all squeaky clean now, waiting for the nurse.
    Made a marinade for back ribs, gave them a good massage, so they can absorb it all before BBQing them for supper.
    I will make a big pasta salad this morning, so much chopping I have to spread it out.

Have a Fab day, everyone!
    Hi, Nat....when I'm usually my DH's sous-chef, I do all the chopping sitting down at the dining-room table; I hope you're doing the same and not standing for long periods of time. Your dinner sounds wonderful! Enjoy!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay..just to be clear, I'm ONLY looking after all your best interests here. If there's any work to be done on your homes, vehicles, etc for the up-coming winter, I suggest you do it soon...here's our winter forecast from the Farmer's Almanac, which was SO bang on last year!

Winter is coming! The Canadian Farmers’ Almanac’s famous long-range winter weather outlook is predicting…
    Teeth-Chattering Winter Ahead!

Calculations based on the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac’s time-tested formula suggest that the winter of 2018-2019 will be a “teeth-chattering” cold one, with below-normal temperatures forecast for much of the country.
    Just How Cold Will It Be?

For most of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and westernmost Ontario, temperatures will average much below seasonal norms. The coldest temperatures are expected during February 2019, when -40°C, or even -45°C, may be possible. So bundle up!
    It will also be an unusually cold February in eastern Ontario and Quebec, with the coldest temperatures running south and east across the Great Lakes to the Laurentian Plateau. Only British Columbia will see near-normal temperatures through the winter.

You can find details of your own regions here:
    https://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-...ther-forecast/

We have a steel entrance door that can use a good re-do of its weather-stripping....it's one thing to be retired and not have to go anywhere on any day, but I feel so sorry for those of you who have to leave the house each morning,

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I can't stand for more than a minute, so I do it all sitting. What I have to be careful of is not to sit too long at once, though.

Gee, if I could stand, I would still be cooking myself! I really miss doing it!
    I can get things ready for the oven like casseroles or on meals, but can't cook things on the stove.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom does the sous chef routine with me. She doesn't mind since she's able to sit at the table and I bring her veggies to chop. (I hate peeling potatoes.)

Do you cook a lot with a slow cooker? That way you wouldn't have to stand at the stove.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I know, right? I was just chatting with our GS about how it'll be all over next weekend...the long weekend; how did it get here so fast?! I admit I do love, love the fall...the cooler air makes it easier to breathe and I'll take fall and winter clothes over summer ones any day! I can't wait to slip on my uniform...my black turtleneck! I own a few.....ya just can't go wrong with 'em.
    It was a gorgeous summer here, though....even if there was a fire-ban on all summer, no rain...I always felt sorry for the families who'd book into the park on a weekend holiday only to have it rain all weekend like last year. This year, omgoodness, the beach was packed every day! I walked there once or twice, didn't stay...too peopley.

So...onwards to fall...I was looking at all the trees today and I can't imagine them without those lovely leaves....

Good night, everyone...sleep soundly!!

Yeah !! We didn’t have good spring here .. Even june was terrible here ..we end up with snow ..but once it change ..it sure wass hot summer ...awesome hot summer weather ..no rain here...so even burning up .
    Last edited by Newfiescreech; Sat, Aug 25th, 2018 at 11:17 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good day- Breakfast with family - great wedding, although it rained like crazy before the wedding. We were under a fiberglass patio roof but we were dry.

I'm exhausted. Will go to church in the morning. The last summer service -at another church. Then a flexible week but lots to do. Car needs some attention.

Must head off and catch some zzz's.

Sleep well, my friends!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2DE5462D-7C12-4CC5-A458-620488D0E5C1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  465.4 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    My mom does the sous chef routine with me. She doesn't mind since she's able to sit at the table and I bring her veggies to chop. (I hate peeling potatoes.)

Do you cook a lot with a slow cooker? That way you wouldn't have to stand at the stove.
    @padyofurniture I do some, but mostly in the fall and winter.
    However, like your mom, I need everything brought to me and now that would mean doing everything well before my husband leaves for work by 7:30. He already has to put on my compression stockings, which can take at least 15 minutes.

We are slowly figuring things out!

-------
    Well, Milan came early afternoon, but he had had a migraine this morning, and was exhausted. He kept apologizing that he couldn't do very much work here, but he did clip Vader's nails, and helped a bit with supper.

Had a really nice visit with him, he is just such a honey and a wonderful man!
    Packed him up leftovers and some sweets to take home.

Hoping I have a much better night than last. Hoping the little snooze I had after supper didn't wreck things.

Goodnight, all! Sweet dreams!

Thread Information