User Tag List

Page 852 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 902 952 1352 1852 ... LastLast
Results 12,766 to 12,780 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So here's a "partial" list of the names of creeps caught in that sting....it's been suggested that OTHER big names have been excluded from it...keeping in mind this parlour is 30 minutes from Trump's Mar Lago...any guesses as to who ELSE might be on that list?!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I had to smile at the last name-"Mr. Daniel Young" - date of birth- 3/3/1934. If he keeps this up, he may not make it to his 85th birthday! Maybe the raid was a life saver in his case.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I had to smile at the last name-"Mr. Daniel Young" - date of birth- 3/3/1934. If he keeps this up, he may not make it to his 85th birthday! Maybe the raid was a life saver in his case.
    Someone on twitter posted: Poor old guy, probably DID just want a nice warm massage for his old bones. Btw...he's held numerous high positions (snicker) for a company whose name I've forgotten just now.

Can't wait for the "bigger names" to be named publicly...any bets? Don junior? Tiger? Oh, please be the donald himself!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hiya to all my “friends” from an airport!! Be well and of course stay kind and keep smiling. Remember. Karma is a beatch!!
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

"Hiya", Good Boy! That's a real Brit expression. All my mum and dad's relatives used to say that. Remember to keep moving those legs in-flight.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Love that one, @GoJays !
    I, too, have been inventive in getting stuff. My son just shakes his head....

So they couldn't find me a different bed today, the contact person should be in touch tomorrow. But now that I think of it, it's the weekend, so mebbe not.
    They did bring in a new mattress for me to try for tonight. It seems firmer xx so maybe I won't feel the understuff so much.

Supper here is 4:30, I forgot about that, gah. What are we, geriatrics?
    It was gross anyway.
    I haven't been able to choose my meals because I am still "on precautions" til mid next week. I don't have anything, but because I came from a ward that had had an outbreak, they do it as a precaution. Sometimes I have felt like the boy in the bubble. It's not just the people having to gown up in bright yellow, but just so many things that have to be done separately.
    As they have gotten to know me, some have become more lax with things - I have even had people do things with bare hands!

Had physio just before supper. I am glad she had time to stop by again, because even though it was tough, I was able to do a decent walk.
    Here, there are PT assistants who work the weekend, and there is usually a nice aide or nurse who will take one for a walk.
    wendymac, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lalala lala

Sorry, Stoopid Gremlins double post
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
    wendymac and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

.......so I have to reply to an email from my DH's friend who just emailed us to say he has been given 6-8 weeks "on this earth". This is the wonderful golf buddy who gathered our little gang together twice a year at a restaurant...he was always such a joy at those get-togethers.

...then I have someone in the hospital with a broken wrist who is crying all the time, feeling sorry for herself, wanting to "go home' (to what?! even when she works full-time she has to come home and make her retired husband dinner!!)...her head hurts, her neck hurts, HE thinks she's on too many drugs (GAH!), don't know if she told her team how she was feeling....and if she was looking for a shoulder to cry on in her last email she was likely surprised at my reply.
    I told her that no...they wouldn't put her on a dangerous combination of drugs; no...unless she told them about how she felt throughout the night and morning nothing would be done to help her; no....it's not the time to go home, she's in exactly the place she needs to be to get well. I wish I had the guts to say, "Snap out of it!". She's not a strong-willed individual.

So two contrary personalities, two difficult (well, hers wasn't that difficult) emails...only one to go...if I can find the words...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@lynn so sorry about your husband's friend, how tough.

My husband just left after a visit. He brought me salt and sugar (they are like prison contraband!), mail, snacks I had won - oh, and a Big Mac and fries. They were cold but the burger tasted great!

I have a great roommate who came yesterday. We must have crossed paths over the years but never knew one another.
    So first in initial chatter, we talked about where we were from. When she mentioned a town nearby the town where she was from night I said my nephew married a girl from that town. Gave her the name, and it turns out they are cousins, and she was at their wedding as of course we were.

She is 59 and was at the same university residence I was for two years. She got her home ec degree, then her education degree.

Then when we talked more today, it's a pretty good bet her mom would have known my dad, she taught in the same school division where he was principal.

So odd, eh.
    She is here because she had a fall, hurt her hip and is very weak. She is having trouble gaining weight. She is into all these crazy supplements and new age -y stuff, some of which is fine but a lot has been found out to be quackery - so I just listen to that stuff and don't pass comment.

But she was a teacher and is smart, so she's good to talk with.

Anyway, it's shift change and the nurse will be here soon.

Good night all!
    Lynn49, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Double post again! Grrr
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @lynn , you've had so many friends and relatives going through rough times. You are the one that people go to when they need advice or support. It becomes a heavy load on your shoulders. Your snuggle time with Jenny is definitely therapeutic for you as well as her.

Had a 2 hr. nap. I kind of "hit the wall" at about 5 and couldn't keep my eyes open. I had done a bit more shovelling and then I needed to have a nap.

Have packed up a couple of boxes that required creative wrapping and fitting.

I think jewellery comes next. I can sort and sit at the same time.

@Natalka , I hope you start getting more tasty meals soon. You sure are working hard!

@Lynn49 I also wanted to mention what a very thoughtful GS you have! He's a honey! DH will be going through a tough time thinking about his long time friend. Please give him my thoughts .
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

So what, you guys all have a life, or what?
    It's odd to be first here, afternoon yet.

Anyway, had a pretty decent sleep so that was nice.
    A certain aide is on today that I had "trouble" with when I was here last time. I sure had hoped she had moved on.

My neighbour nailed it right away when she said the aide was on a power Trip. Earlier this morning, the aide left her in the shower. Now this is a woman who is weak, who told the aide that - so she should have stood by. But my neighbour had to yell to me to press my call button so help would come for her.
    She is thinking about lodging a formal complaint, she felt in danger and got quite scared. I sure hope she does.

I had physio at 10 and did well. A different aide had told me before that she would shower me. However, the aforementioned crap aide was laying in wait for me in the hall - I knew she wanted to get her hands on me.

And sure enough, she tried to make me do things in the shower that I was unable to do by myself ,- to get up from a shower chair just holding a low bar. I tried like crazy, but it was so painful I started crying. She finally got another aide and I was then able to get up.

However, I enjoyed the water and getting clean.
    There's more to tell about her, but that is enough of a rant.
    I was glad the next time I needed help, someone else answered the call

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

As always, thanks for listening!
    Lynn49, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

View from my window. This hospital I am in issue close to the river. The expanse behind the pine trees at the front of the pic is a park - in winter, lots of cross country skiers.

Up the river embankment the big building on the right side is what you can see from this angle of the Royal University Hospital. The tall building to its left is the Arts and Sciences building of the University of Saskatchewan. The building on the left side with the dark top part is the Education building. Everything else is U of S buildings - the campus is pretty large going east from what this pic shows.

Attachment 349030
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Feb 23rd, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

Thread Information