User Tag List

Page 856 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 356 756 806 846 854 855 856 857 858 866 906 956 1356 1856 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Natalka, good job! You will be up and dancing in no time

Flemeth, I am sorry for your loss. It must have been a great comfort to the cousin to have the family at the bedside.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ ha ha ty for the meme of me @danger_dan
    What a relief that you guys arrived home last night! That drive sounded harrowing.
    @flemeth , my deepest sympathies on the passing of your cousin.

Gotta head out to physio soon....have a wonderful day all!
    Lynn49, barbis9 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning!

@Dang er-Dan, white-knuckle driving, to be sure, but relieved to know you two got home safely. We drove through something similar in Kentucky on one of our February drives south. When the snow and ice storm cleared, the trees along the highway were stunning in their ice coats! But terrifying driving through it, as you must have felt, too. Thank heavens you and everyone else got home safely.

@flemeth , my sincerest sympathy for your loss, it's been such a difficult year you and your family.

The sun's out again today, but it's only going up to -16. Still...that brilliant sunshine is a beautiful change from the last few dull weeks. I'll be transplanting 3 little plants I have here today, then.......who knows?!

@GoJays , we got a good giggle from your "anti-theft" meme...thank you for that. As to the Roman one, I taught our GS the Roman alphabet last fall, so much fun!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Feb 26th, 2019 at 09:43 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dan, my stomach was tense as you described your drive! Surely hope you have survival stuff in your car! That was a harrowing drive!

@flemeth , I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! Although it is very hard on those left behind, she must have felt all the love surrounding her as she passed from this world. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

@Natalka - I think back to how confined and frustrated and worried you were before you went to the hospital. Your heart and spirits must be soaring with all the great "strides forward" you have made! Milan and your husband must be celebrating too!

It's payday today for all of us oldies. One of these days I will be settled enough to just go out for lunch to celebrate having put in all the years I did of "punching the clock." I started my first job -part time, of course, at 14 and worked until I was 64. I guess you could say that I am still working with my Officiant's job. Fifty years -wow- half a century- in two centuries- now I'm really getting nostalgic.

One of my favourite part-time jobs was working at Fabricland in Kingston when I was at university. (Fun job, eh, @Lynn49 ?)

Well, my tablet is about to fizzle out -so have a great hump day, folks!
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @GoJays, we got a good giggle from your "anti-theft" meme...thank you for that. As to the Roman one, I taught our GS the Roman alphabet last fall, so much fun!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    I'm not a math nerd, by any means, but I do enjoy the math puns and jokes Speaking of, Pi Day is just around the corner. Haha! See what I did there? Pi...circle.. no corners.... ........nevermind

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Dan, my stomach was tense as you described your drive! Surely hope you have survival stuff in your car! That was a harrowing drive!
    @avoncallingu , indeed we do!
    Mini survival bundle, including food and water, complete set of winter clothing (coat, pants, socks, gloves, hat, thermal boots), shovel, 10lb bag of non-clumping kitty litter...yup we're all set.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Whew!
    Lynn49, barbis9 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Whew!
    Hey! There's an idea, @avoncallingu , kitty litter to give Tootie a foothold on the skating rink on your patio! I was trying to think of what you could use, maybe potting soil......anything, since your city is short on bags of sand. Same thing here, they're scarce, too. That would work, right?! Thanks, Dan!
    barbis9 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hey! There's an idea, @avoncallingu , kitty litter to give Tootie a foothold on the skating rink on your patio! I was trying to think of what you could use, maybe potting soil......anything, since your city is short on bags of sand. Same thing here, they're scarce, too. That would work, right?! Thanks, Dan!
    Only reason I have the kitty litter is because it's non-clumping. so the moisture from being outside/in the trunk won't hurt it. we use sand on our walkways and deck, since salt will just destructive to our greenery and water table.

I've got bins full of sand in the garage, just for this purpose. bought from the local landscape supply during the summer, when it was in supply and cheap!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and barbis9 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone has a good day today. Just been messing around with my new iPhone, doing ddp yoga and watching YouTube lol. Working on my shopping list for Thursday. Want to get vegan protein powder and a new vegan cookbook.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Only reason I have the kitty litter is because it's non-clumping. so the moisture from being outside/in the trunk won't hurt it. we use sand on our walkways and deck, since salt will just destructive to our greenery and water table.

I've got bins full of sand in the garage, just for this purpose. bought from the local landscape supply during the summer, when it was in supply and cheap!
    Good idea, @danger_dan , but Avon mentioned that bags or any kind of sand is hard to come by there, so wouldn't kitty litter help give Tootie a foothold? I know how difficult it is for our pups to squat on a skating rink, poor muffins.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you everyone for your everyone for your well wishes.
    Lynn49, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@flemeth - I am so very sorry for your loss.
    To those of you dealing with bizarre weather, I am glad to know you are safe.
    It has warmed up here, -37 windchill now.

Yesterday I had trouble falling asleep, as well as keeping asleep. Then it seemed I had just gotten knocked out finally, when my roomie's alarm went off at six. Gah!
    I lollygagged a bit, got up, had a banana muffin, and noted it was an hour until physio so I just went back to bed to daydream and naval-gaze. However, I fell asleep and woke up at 9:20. Physio was to be at 9:30. First thing I realized was that the nurse hadn't brought my painkiller by nine, so I rang for her and quickly dressed. The physiotherapist came just five mins after I had the med, so I explained that to her. She understood and said she had someone nearby she could work with and be back in 20. That worked great because my back was sore and I could do stretches to get things moving.

With meds onboard, I had a great session. I did sit/stands from a lowered bed, shifting weight from leg to leg, then trying it with lifting each foot up in place (very hard for me). Then I was ready to walk, and they said to go just as far as comfortable. I walked farther than yesterday by several metres, sat for a few minutes to do a knee exercise, then was able to walk another six metres.
    So yay, me!
    I am going to have to stop with all this bragging, sorry - but the progress, and sharing of it, feel good.

Last night when supper came, I realized I couldn't eat it, so sent an SOS to my son - and I am not picky, I said anything convenient for him to get. (We had preloaded him with money for food and gas for these instances, so it's not coming out of his pocket.)

He brought some very yummy food from DQ - they do make the best onion rings and don't cost a fortune.
    We ate together, visited a bit then I was going to send him home because he hadn't planned to come. My husband then came with some meds that came by mail, so we had a giggle/laughing/lovefest! It's nice to have both of them together, but they do usually try to come on alternate days.

Hoping you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Thanks to you all for your continued encouragement! It really helps lift my spirits!
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Feb 26th, 2019 at 07:04 PM.

Thread Information