User Tag List

Page 870 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 370 770 820 860 868 869 870 871 872 880 920 970 1370 1870 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good News! That's the third one this week! My tax guy found a way for me to avoid taxes and penalties. Reason to cry happy tears! And smile happy smiles!!!

Everything is getting "Throwed" into boxes.

Blinking cold outside!

I bought an apple pie at the bake table last night. Yummy! Not too much cinnamon. I like cinnamon but not drenching an apple pie!

Trying to move things off my rug so I can roll it up and put it down in my new bedroom before the bed goes in.

So I must finish packing up the things on the side table so I can move it off the rug. Dominoes!

Tootie just wants me to settle down on the couch with her!

Do any of you do anything special for St. Patrick's Day? Any Newfoundland traditions, Newfiescreech?

Well, got to run for now.

Take care!
    Hi avoncallingu..yes !! We normally have function going on for st.paddy’s day with the fire dept .
    Irish and Newfoundland music playing from lunch time to midnight.. we serve dinner moose burgers 🍔 and 🍟 fries and supper time we serve Newfie’s jiggs dinner ..salt beef and vegetables ,pudding and pastries ..later that night its lots of green beer and dance .i love it when older folks come to dance ..they do Newfie jig and it’s awesome to sit back and watch them .
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  FCB848BA-D4D7-4ECF-8FF0-60BBB1BB4B5C.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  95.1 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!

Glad you're feeling better, @GoJays and yes, breathing is certainly conducive to a full recovery.
    @avoncallingu, no time to rest, Girly!!! Time's flying by!! I'm SO excited for you to be settled into your new digs...no cooking, cleaning...a whole new whack of friends (not a selling point for Jays and I, however ), you'll need to report on the activity calendars for the day!!

I'm also thinking of @Newfiescreech...more snow, blowing winds; I hope she's not in the way of those predicted storms.

As to when spring will actually arrive, @danger_dan, the almanac is on the mark for this week so far...it's been rainy, and now sunny and cold.
    For Ontario:
    9-16: snowflurries, cold
    17-22: snowshowers east, sunny west, cold
    23-25: showers, MILD
    26-31: rain east, snow west, cold.

Soooooooooo....yah. No spring this month that I can find...

On that note: enjoy your Monday, everyone, and whatever mischief you get into!!

Thanks lynn ..hope your feeling better now ..take good care yourself sweetie..i’m Soooo darn ready for spring weather get here ..ohhhh we did get dumped on ..i spent 3 hours shoveling snow ..just trying to get my rig out of my driveway..ohhh wind was terrible and snow blowing around ..made it for a nasty day here .apparently another snow ❄️ storm coming for friday, Saturday and suppose be clearing up sunday ..i hope it pass by us .but im dont think that will happen.my arms is gone shoveling this year again ..yes !! I do have a snowblower ..but i rather shovel snow ..then get snowblower out of garage ..part i dont like about using snowblower that snow blows around so much and time your finished i’m Like snow ⛄️ man LOL ..we do have a quad with plow on it ..YES !! I don’t like using that either ..and of coarse every time we have snow there’s no one around do snow ....only ME !!! Guess thats the price you have to pay ..when you have to leave Newfoundland get work and your on fly in and fly out camp jobs ..not complaining i thank god he got job .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, heavens, we've all been there!!...

Ohhhhh this is soooo true lynn LOL 😝 they go on and on and on ..you feel like sticking a sock in their mouth.LOL Especially after you work a 12 hour shift and your just dropping ..get home and jump in shower ..get those Jammie’s on ..to sit back for while and have some peace and quiet .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Thank you for all the sweet birthday wishes, everyone!
    Group hug!!

It was a quiet day, didn't do too much. That's ok, we'll make up for it this weekend when everyone is around. We'll go somewhere for dinner on Saturday, don't know where yet.
    That's ok about that baseball @avoncallingu, we have one autographed by Jose Bautista Hopefully you win and you're able to give it to your nephew!
    Love that owl @Natalka, so pretty.
    Yes to all three of those @Lynn49!!
    The one place I can go with people and manage to ignore them is Winners, so @walkonby, no need to drain that particular store

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY 🎂 GoJays !!
    Name:  6F33B233-3F37-4A25-8652-6F9417B19F6A.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  286.2 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why oh why did I ever get rid of my bonnet hair-dryer?!!
    @avoncallingu, her conference was very enjoyable, lots of information, then they were all taken out for dinner, then to the theatre to watch The Last Ship by Sting. Unfortunately she had the same problem as we had anticipated in NYC when we debated going to Come From Away...understanding the dialects. But all in all, a lovely trip, except for the first time ever, she didin't book the front seats, lol...a mistake she'll not likey make again.. @GoJays, you'd understand, right? Hahaha!!

Well, off to take a hand-dryer to my rollers for my boing-boing curls, then to the doc (Avon, oh, he'll figure it out alright...if you're a patient of his, no matter where you go for tests, as soon as they see the name they're very much on their toes!), then Fabricland for another look-see (for that tablecloth fabric, Jays), then I think I'll come back home and DH can head up to Costco. It'll be a full enough day for me.
    @avoncallingu, just what I said a few pages back, lol....throw everything into anything and just get it all there! Sorting will take place at your leisure. Best of luck, Avon!

Here's one for you, Avon...
    Lynn ..come from away ..is a Newfie dialect ..ohhh i need to start giving you some Newfie lingo lessons lol Name:  C5173742-CB09-4C0D-9B08-4DF774E1FBC6.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  167.7 KB
    your first lesson of Newfie lingo ..hahaha ..god love our Newfoundland lingo ..what makes us so different..no matter where we wander ..were always pick out from a crowd .I go to Ontario and i open door at store go in ..always look behind see if there’s someone behind me ..i kept door open until this gentleman got in ...first thing he said.. you must be a Newfoundlander ..i’m terrible when i’m At store ..if someone is standing near me in store ..i got say hello to them ..first thing they say ..must be Newfoundlander ..cause they like to say hello to everyone 😝 LOL 😝
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Apparently, cats don't like cucumbers?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awww, poor kitties getting startled. I suppose that is not as bad as the stoopid parents tossing slices of processed cheese at their toddlers?? What is up with that? Someone says " do it " it's funny, so you do it and post it??

I LOVE this guys take on it all...." you gonna be livin in Shady Pines " ha ha ha Paybacks a you-know-what!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I didn't even know that was a thing. Honestly, people are just getting stupider and stupider. Anything to get on the internet, I suppose. I do everything I can to stay off of it!! Those poor babies

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan !! It's your birthday tomorrow but since you won't be around, today we celebrate! Hope you have a great day, my friend

Last edited by GoJays; Fri, Mar 8th, 2019 at 04:26 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoJays good morning.
    @danger_dan I am with GoJays about wishing you a very Happy Birthday hope you have an Awesome day tomorrow. Enjoy my friend

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning peeps!
    Friday...FINALLY.

@GoJays and @flemeth , thanks Friends!
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I must admit I have no idea who these characters are or if they are from a show?? I chose it cuz it had DAN written on it!! ha ha

A very Happy Birthday to you ( tomorrow ) @danger_dan

I am off and running ( soon-ish ) but tomorrow don't anyone ask me what I did yesterday because I'll probably post that cute meme that @GoJays posted....I breathed a lot....etc. hee hee
    The 2nd dog of ours gets his Lyme disease vaccine today....when the first pooch is finished taking his 30 days worth of antibiotics and gets the all clear HE too will be getting the vaccine.
    Lyme disease!! What a shocker this was for us to hear.
    It would be like ME getting told I won the big lottery, cuz you know I had bought a $1.00 ticket once.
    The chance of Rufus getting this is still bewildering to me, he barely ever walks on any grass...Phhfft! he can't even walk that well anymore period....( old man bones )

o.k. happy TGIF-ers Enjoy the weekend!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information