User Tag List

Page 982 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 482 882 932 972 980 981 982 983 984 992 1032 1082 1482 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I started watching the parade around noon and watched til the end. They really made it worth their while, eh? It's too bad about the shooting and the stabbings though. I was really hoping that Kawhi would give a hint of his intentions for next season but he has a good poker face. I was amused, however, by Kyle Lowry joining in with the 'five more years' chant... not just Kyle, but Kawhi's uncle as well. It would be great if he would stay, but if he doesn't then at least he had a major hand in bringing the championship to Toronto. Sooooo, thanks for that.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I started watching the parade around noon and watched til the end. They really made it worth their while, eh? It's too bad about the shooting and the stabbings though. I was really hoping that Kawhi would give a hint of his intentions for next season but he has a good poker face. I was amused, however, by Kyle Lowry joining in with the 'five more years' chant... not just Kyle, but Kawhi's uncle as well. It would be great if he would stay, but if he doesn't then at least he had a major hand in bringing the championship to Toronto. Sooooo, thanks for that.
    Oh, @GoJays , isn't Kawhi just too cute?!! No hint whatsoever, and the fact that he didn't announce a decision when it would have been the icing on the cake, may be very telling. Of course, he's such a class act that he likely wouldn't want to take attention away from the celebration.

BUT....did you notice that at the end, when they were all hugging as they were leaving the stage, that a big guy in a red t-shirt (and I think he had a gold belt on, too), did that finger-rubbing thing that means "money" at him, and he did the same thing back??? I wish I knew who that guy was and if he has anything to do with contract negotiations, or why would he do that??? 'Tis a mystery, and funny that none of the talking heads never mentioned it at all!!

I won't hold my breath that he'll be back, but otoh, would he want to play with LeBron, who has his own system worked out with his team as far as plays go? They'd have to re-arrange their whole system, no?? Otoh, he does have a home in California.

Ugh. I just wish we knew!!!! He's adorable!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jun 17th, 2019 at 08:24 PM.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I quite like him. Very calm and cool in high-pressure situations. Most would have choked but he seemed to excel with the pressure. I hate to say but I don't think Demar would have been able to do what Kawhi did. And I didn't see the guy with the gold belt and the money fingers. So many interesting clues and I bet not one of them mean a damn thing! Did you see his daughter with her little pig tails? So cute.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, Mechman47 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJay
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good morning (?) 3:00am here. Anyone else have a spouse that snores like a chainsaw? My S.O. typically comes to bed between midnight and 2:00am, which wakes me up, snores his head off, which keeps me awake, at which point I spend the rest of the night sleeping (if I can get back to sleep) on the living room couch. Haven't slept like a normal, healthy human being in over 15 years. It takes it's toll after a while.

A r h g .
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I’ve actually told people to get the f**k out of my way lol. Or that’s right why not walk right in front of me. Lol
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I’m up I’m up lol. Going to my aunts around 11am to do my laundry.

Was listening to a podcast about bad movies. They were talking about a lead characters motto (he’s a surfer) make waves not war. The one guy says you don’t make waves when you surf, you’re not the moon haha.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@TrueNorthTreasures - yes, I have a snoring husband as well, as if he is using a megaphone. It can be terribly loud; I can't believe people in the houses around us can't hear him! He has what I call bad snores and good snores. The former are loud and really rough, very snorty-ish. The latter may still break the sound barrier, but they are more gentle and even.

You should have your husband tested for sleep apnea. Mine will just not go. He doesn't have any other symptoms, such as being overweight.

Have you tried poking him so he will sleep on his side? Mine responds to that, and most times doesn't remember me waking him. However, he does sleep on his back so it doesn't feel natural for him to be a side sleeper.

But, yes, I do snore. My husband and son call it dainty. I prefer to call it purring...
    I have been tested for sleep apnea - not because of my snoring, though, it was to try come up with a reason for my insomnia. I have a mild case, so don't need a CPAP machine.

After I had my pacemaker put in last year, I was put on a monitor for the next few days following the operation. I would set the alarm off even during the day because even awake, I stop breathing once in a while. I guess that is rare because people with sleep apnea do that whilst sleeping.
    There was a caution put on my chart - Remind her to breathe - and yes, they often did. That followed me to my hospitalization earlier this year, as well.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, I had a nasty evening with a tummy bug, bad cramps and many nasty trips to the loo. It settled down about 2 a.m. so I could get some sleep. It wasn't from food - I can encounter a similar problem if I have dairy without using my meds - but I hadn't had any dairy yesterday, and the cramps from that are much more painful.

I do feel decent now, but will BRAT diet today - except for the rice. I do have kasha made, so I think that can sub for the rice - but I would have that only if I got really hungry.

I would rather not eat at all, but I have to because I have hypoglycemia, plus I have to eat something to take my meds.

Nurse comes today for a CHF (congestive heart failure) check.

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

Name:  facebook_1560804993891.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  77.2 KB
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1560804929246.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  51.3 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jun 18th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning!!!
    @TrueNorthTreasures, Natalka posted exactly what I was going to post, also!

I spent FAR too many years half awake all night, being a zombie in the daytime because of his snoring! Like Nat, I'd "wake" him up to turn over since he was a back-sleeper which was the only time he snored, so that brought relief and IF I could fall asleep while he was in that position, I'd be relatively fine for a while...until he flipped over onto his back again!

He also used to stop breathing (I suspect you may have noticed this also, with your DH?), and I'd count up to 15-20 before he took his next breath! He was finally tested for sleep apnea, and it was found that he stopped breathing like that many times in an hour, so much so, that the doctor was reticent to even let him drive home the 1 1/2hrs from the clinic! He had to purchase the sleep unit/mask the next day and scan/send the receipt to the clinic, that's how bad he was....it was scary how much of the time he wasn't breathing in the night.

So...with the mask I felt like I was sleeping with DarthVader, but as time went on and as he got adjustments to a more comfortable mask configuration, he's silent as a lamb now.

I hope your Hubby agrees that going to a sleep clinic rather than dying in his sleep from not breathing (they can stop breathing then forget to start again!!) is the solution for both of you...he's not getting quality sleep, either, and for both of you, that's absolutely not healthy, not just because you might be zombies in the daytime, but because lack of quality, 8 hrs of sleep is dangerous in so many other ways for our bodies and health.

If not...is there a guest-room?? I hope you two find a solution.

Not much going on here today, a pair of jeans and cotton slacks to take the hems up on...but then again...it's such a gorgeous day out there!

Enjoy your day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I forgot about that part, Lynn, when he would stop breathing I would just say out loud to him - Breathe! It's definitely scary!

The nurse just left. All is well with me!

Name:  facebook_1560866164464.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

Thread Information