User Tag List

Page 636 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 646 686 736 1136 1636 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 29355
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quiet morning in here today...
    Commute in was horrible...welcome back to September driving.

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Stay cool and hydrated!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Easy to stay cool at the moment, it's minus one. However, we should break into the 20s today.

Good morning! LOL, the furnace just kicked in. As soon as she hears this, Vader the cat goes and parks beside the register - like she has enough fur, duh!

Milan's first day of school went well. Twelve in his class, all guys.
    He got the highest mark in a review test, so what a good start! He also comes from a shop where he has had experience doing advanced stuff, so he's got that going for him.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Easy to stay cool at the moment, it's minus one. However, we should break into the 20s today.

Good morning! LOL, the furnace just kicked in. As soon as she hears this, Vader the cat goes and parks beside the register - like she has enough fur, duh!

Milan's first day of school went well. Twelve in his class, all guys.
    He got the highest mark in a review test, so what a good start! He also comes from a shop where he has had experience doing advanced stuff, so he's got that going for him.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Good morning Natalka ..hope all is well with you sweetie ..Awesome to hear Milan first day with good ..take good care yourself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Well, it's another one of those not-feeling-good days, which have become more frequent than feeling-good days.
    I'll get some sewing done, as much as I can, but I feel as if I've been run through a set of industrial rollers...actually I feel like that most days lately. I just wish it would go away.

Wishing you all a lovely day!!

Good morning Lynn ..hope fibromyalgia is not making you to miserable today ..sending lots good well wishes .take good care yourself sweetie
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning all.
    Back to the grind for another week...short week, so lots of work.

Incredibly sore and achy today...might have over done it this weekend building two wood sheds, splitting and stacking all the woods for both said sheds...ah well, let it sit there and dry for a little while before it gets fired up in a few months!

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Good morning danger dan ... just sure hope those sore and achy body parts is feeling lot better today ..ohhhhhh joys of handling wood ...best heat you’ll ever have in your home ..its my main source heat and i love it ..but this packing in wood is only good make ever part body achy and so sore .. my job for weekend ,pack in 8 cores wood ..douth we will get that much done on weekend ...plus lot have be split with splitter .have wonderful day at work and take good care
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  DB4349C5-3FBE-40B2-B9AE-7DE40F0F5EB7.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  70.3 KB
    Natalka and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning folks! Tootie gets a clip this afternoon. She badly needs a bath and then I can put her flea and tick meds on her.
    I chair our Search Committee Meeting tonight. I think I am ready. Just have to come up with an appropriate prayer.

Thousands of things to do. Getting my CPAP system checked today. The air coming through it last night was just too hot and I think that the pressure could be adjusted a bit.

My grand-daughter starts her first day in organized "Day Care" today. Sniff!

Also, my morning glories are looking pretty tapped out, so I am going to try to take them down.

The day is calling..... have a great one!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Sep 5th, 2018 at 10:41 AM.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Cabbie, my meds worked and my BrotherR and I did go to the fair in Paris. Unbelievable series of roads closed and a bad accident meant that we took an incredible tour of our beautiful countryside. It was a great experience at the fair real country feel. Forgot about all the different "contests" - art-flower arrangements - vegetables-ducks-an ENORMOUS and very vocal rooster.

I was exhausted and my feet hurt when I got home. But I took Tootie for a walk and met 2 young students who had just arrived here two days ago from India.

I asked them where they were living and when they told me, I was upset. I had walked by that place , unexpectedly, yesterday and was almost motivated to call the Realtor who had it listed "for lease". It is in awful shape -the roof a mess!

They were really sweet young women. I hate to see them taken advantage of by some unscrupulous company which is just looking to rake money in from young people who have no idea what a landlord is responsible for. We chatted quite a while and I have invited them to join us at church tomorrow. They were happy to think that they might be meeting new and friendly people here in Canada. They are going to call me in the morning if they are still interested in going and I will give them a ride.

Now, wrt Aretha Franklin- sorry, @Lynn49. I was a complete "Motown" teenager! She was and is an icon for anyone who grew up with her music. The Queen of Soul!

Because of timing, I didn't see Senator McCain's funeral but I have nothing but respect for that man. Obama was , at one point, considering asking him to be his VP. I did see highlights -if you can call it that, and was impressed with all of the comments made -especially the moving speech by his daughter.

Well, tomorrow I have to give a summary of what we have achieved so far with the search for a minister -which is, basically, to have 1 meeting.

Then I will be driving to Hamilton to pick up my friend who is coming home from BC.

Oh, I have to tell you a funny story. When I use my tablet, I usually take off my glasses as I can see better. Well, last night, as I finished with it, I checked around, but couldn't find them-looked under the couch -in the little waste basket beside the couch - then expanded the search into the bathroom-kitchen -panic beginning to set in, in case I stepped on them, by mistake - then feeling absolutely foolish, gave out a great "guffaw "-I was WEARING THEM THE WHOLE TIME! Time for bed it was, indeed!

Well, having said that-time for bed, it IS, indeed.
    Good morning avoncallingu..will sweetie you sure give me my morning laughter ...i know feeling to will ..i was talking to my friend and she was trying figure something out on phone and she need calculator ..so i go looking for my cellphone 📱 and start to panic..wondering what or where i done with it ..told friend better get your own calculator out ..once those words came out my mouth ..bright light went off in my head ..Mmmmmm im talking to her on my cellphone..hahaha ..wow !! I’m thinking some days im gradually losing it or to much going on ..i just can’t keep up with it all ..could be sign that i should lighten my load and not try do everything myself ..take care yourself sweetie
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for your kind thoughts, everyone...I don't usually complain about that dang fibro, but sometimes, esp during a flare-up, I do. And I pout. And I find that's working for me. I have a lot to ask our Doc when we see him this month, about pain control and this god-awful fatigue! 'Nuff said.

Jeepers, @Natalka ! -1?! Ugh. As much as I love the fall, I dread those temperatures dropping. The only up-side is that DH and I don't have to go anywhere out there in the winter if we don't have to. Keep well, Hon.

Everyone...have a wonderful day, enjoy the joys it brings you, ignore that other stuff that might crop up as much as you can.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I was hoping today would be better for you!
    If not drugs, I hope you have other coping strategies - even if it's being in bed all day, it is what it is.

I'm supposed to spend a lot more of my time in bed, but I usually don't - except on weekends when my husband keeps reminding me to go.

Love that quote, and such a coincidence - I just got a new agenda and on the cover is what is probably the original quote: "She believed she could, so she did."

Hm, I like yours better!

These are the days that, while the nights can go below zero, temps can still get decent, with beautiful sun shining.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , I'm watching Bloomberg on tv and just learned that Canada just streamlined its caregiver program, and the cared-for person does not have to live with the caregiver! If you qualify (and if you don't then no one does!), you could qualify for up to 6K.
    Check it out!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Whoa! Sure will! Can't at a picture with this tablet and I wanted to share how BEAUTIFUL Tootie is after her groom. Maybe I will try my phone.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka .... Furnace?? -1?!?!? We're currently sitting at 33 with a humidex of 43. It feels like Arizona outside. I do believe that tomorrow will be much cooler.... 25 feels like 30. Boooo!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays it's 20 now and has been sunny. However the nights will be going below zero.

I turn the thermostat down right after my husband leaves for work.

This morning the high temp in SK was somewhere way, way up North - something very off with that!

Gosh I can't imagine temps as hot as you have in September!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thread Information