User Tag List

Page 845 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 895 945 1345 1845 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,675 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , you're going through so much right now, but I absolutely agree with @avoncallingu : speak up for yourself...you know you won't get the care you really need in the home you're in now, so either they get off their duffs and situate you in a more practical one, or yes, the option of a nursing home is probably a scary thought, but like Avon said....it's temporary, it'll be a place that you'll continue to receive the care you need. It's not a permanent residence, it's just a stopping off point on your way to your independence. Right?
    I hope that by now your medical team has some clue as to why you're having difficulty walking or moving about at all, for that matter. There has to be something going on, and I hope they can fix whatever that is for you.

Chin up.....you have a very attentive team around you and they'll do what's best for you, trust that, okay?

We're still here cheering in your corner, Nat!!!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Ah, @natalia as a big old football player once sang on a children's album I had "It's alright to cry! Cryin' takes the sad out of you. It's alright to cry. It'll make you FEEL better!" Especially with a loving shoulder to lean on.

It would really help if the home you were going to was a bigger and more appropriate residence for you and your husband. I hope that someone who supports you on that team is working diligently on that.

Also, if you need to go into a nursing home for now, think of it as a "respite." Remember, your home doesn't have all the lifts and equipment that you currently need until you get stronger. I'm seeing that you are a crucial part of that meeting. Don't forget to speak up for chat you want. Perhaps you could ask if the options could include an extended stay where you are.

Just my 2 cents.

Got to get ready for my trip tomorrow. Will chat later.
    Stay safe on your road-trip tomorrow, @avoncallingu...don't do what I did in Michigan one year...the road looked perfectly dry, so I was passing another car (it was a divided highway, I95), and I hit black ice. I took my foot off the accelerator, but it was too late...POOF!!! Right into the wide dividing margin, through all that snow, almost into the oncoming traffic lane!! Thank goodness DH just took the wheel, backed us out, and we were on our way again!! What an adventure!

Don't trust those highways, Avon...just drive slow, keep to the Granny lanes, and have a safe and productive trip!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 17th, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, @Lynn49 - you have just reminded me of a March Break when I went skiing near the Finger Lakes (Had to do with a man-shhhhh) Well the road was completely clear and then I hit a part where snow had blown across the road. Whoosh -into the ditch I went snow up to the hod from underneath.

I don't remember how it got fixed. That was before cell phones.

Come to think of it - that was the weekend I broke both thumbs. I guess that relationship was a bust. Nice at the time, though.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Fifty Dollars is Fifty Dollars

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year, and every year Morris would say, "Esther, I'd like to ride in that helicopter".
    Esther always replied, "I know Morris, but that helicopter ride is 50 dollars -- and 50 dollars is 50 dollars".
    One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said, "Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance."
    Esther replied, "Morris that helicopter is 50 dollars -- and 50 dollars is 50 dollars".
    The pilot overheard the couple and said, "Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word I won't charge you! But if you say one word, it's 50 dollars."
    Morris and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word. When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"
    Morris replied, "Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Esther fell out, but you know -- 50 dollars is 50 dollars."
    walkonby likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Ah, @natalia as a big old football player once sang on a children's album I had "It's alright to cry! Cryin' takes the sad out of you. It's alright to cry. It'll make you FEEL better!" Especially with a loving shoulder to lean on.

It would really help if the home you were going to was a bigger and more appropriate residence for you and your husband. I hope that someone who supports you on that team is working diligently on that.

Also, if you need to go into a nursing home for now, think of it as a "respite." Remember, your home doesn't have all the lifts and equipment that you currently need until you get stronger. I'm seeing that you are a crucial part of that meeting. Don't forget to speak up for chat you want. Perhaps you could ask if the options could include an extended stay where you are.

Just my 2 cents.

Got to get ready for my trip tomorrow. Will chat later.
    Thanks so very much for helping me see a different perspective.
    @avoncallingu - hope your trip goes well.

My day was dull.
    Milan couldn't come because he had an awful migraine.
    Husband came, but just stayed a little while because he wasn't feeling well.

Hope you all have a lovely evening!
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good night folks! Weather will dictate my travels tomorrow.

Have a good night's rest.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @avoncallingu it’s snowing here.Be safe on the roads today going to the US.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning.
    All quiet here on family day, I'll continue working on my camp quilt.

@GoJays , my DD sent me that "Mom" text, lol...I think it's from a website with that humor...too funny!

Have a great day, everyone.. @avoncallingu , stay safe on those roads!
    Natalka, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Just finished my physio exercises, after being medicated, had a good wash, and on with the day.

Happy Family Day!
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    STOP!!! You know full well those ones make me pee my pants laughing!! I keep reading it over and over making the appropriate lisp sound and crack myself up each time!
    O.K. to be fair I guess " it's not you it's me " I laugh easily.

Cleared off the vehicle ( even the roof! ) before 7:30 this morning along with the path and part of the driveway.
    The stunningly white powdery snow was still falling as I toiled away. When I was off to physio about an hour later I had forgotten that I had done it. Brain was not in full functioning mode I guess.
    Was so nice to just hop in and go!

Nothing too exciting going on here for Family Day....the offspring are still asleep!!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information