User Tag List

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

For those of you with Costco memberships I was told that you can now use any MasterCard it doesn't have to be Capital 1, can anyone confirm this to be fact vs. fiction?

Yes Nancy any Mastercard is fine, it doesn't have to be the Costco one!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J &C:

Yes this is correct. I use my PC MC now at Costco. Will most likely cancel my AMEX when it comes due.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thanks for sharing Lynn49, I am experiencing a bunch of weird pulling/pinching just above my belly button and it feels kind of hollow if that makes sense...hard to explain.

I noticed everyone once in a while I spit up a small amount of blood, did you experience this?

Have a wonderful day and again appreciate the feedback.
    Hi. Yes I know that "hollow feeling" very well, and it's annoying, but typical, as well as the pinches. The doctors cannot possibly know or understand how much discomfort we have after this surgery, as I'm sure they hear our stories and just think we're whiners. But yes, it dang well hurts!

As for spitting up small amounts of blood, it could be residual from your anesthetic, but if it persists or increases, I'd certainly recommend you touch base with your surgeon's office....although being Friday, it's probably closed today. Just keep a close watch on things....I hope you're able to take it easy. The good part will come when you'll be able to eat the foods that used to send you into the washroom...it's such a relief! But for now, don't eat heavy meals, your body has been through the wringer...let it come to terms with what it needs to do now, and that's to heal.

As for MC, yes...we use our CT one and it's fine.

Take care, Hon....

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

SassyAshley, sorry to hear about your injuries on vacation. I hope you feel better soon. I was hoping it would be a nice break from your hectic work schedule.

jasperandchar, I hope you're doing better soon. I feel I have very little to complain about, worrying about a dental crown when you're going through this. Speaking of which, has anyone ever had a crown done? I seem to have cracked a tooth and the dentist wants to do the procedure this summer.

Angela, oh my goodness, twins!! Congratulations! That's like a two for one special. I almost wish I had twins the first time through because my pregnancy was terrible in the last few months. I'm really happy for you at this wonderful time!

LO is feeling better, no vomiting anymore, but I'm not going to put her back in cloth diapers until the runs are over. The bad news is, I have what she had and could barely keep down water yesterday. I didn't even want to look at food which is not like me. Today is better, which may be good enough to see family this weekend. For the first time yesterday, I had to turn down LO's request to be pushed on her riding toy. Poor thing. Thank goodness DH was there to take care of her when I got really sick later in the evening.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope all that are under the weather or recovering feel better soon. SS- I have had one or two crowns-they place a temp one first and then you come back in for the perm one once they have it made for you-a week or two later. I found it fine with the usual freezing.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have an aversion to anything involving the dentist and drilling. I haven't had a cavity in a long time, but I have had a few refills (switching from the mercury to the resin). Can you chew normally and eat all your regular foods? Does it take as long as a filling?

lizzie, I think I saw your post on a blog relating to new and used cars. Was that you?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That was me SS-we got a new car. If I remember correctly the crown took longer than a filling-maybe about an hr with a faster FU apt to place the permanent one. I maybe just avoided biting down on it for first 24 hrs or so-hard to remember.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Chilling out at the hotel right now. Family is off to the lagoon but thinking due to my toe injury not a good idea. It is quite the walk to get there with a ton of stairs (you have to go down the grand staircase and it is grand) as well even with it wrapped and sealed do not want the risk of sand getting in there (okay maybe I am paranoid). So I will wait until they come back and than go down and meet them at the pool and water slides, I feel much safer there as there is no sand to get into the injury.

Before they get back I will go out and wonder a little taking some pictures, this way I am on my own and can go at my own pace and not interrupt what everyone is up too. There is so much to do here you could not possibly do even half of it in a week so today seems to be everyone gotta go here gotta go there day and I just do not think I can keep up.

Right now I am enjoying the quiet, not used to so many people being around and just the noise that comes with it. So I am going to sit here with a cup of tea a book and relax on the balcony and enjoy my me time.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The toenail. Ouch ouch ouch. Throbbing pain. Hope you are doing okay.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-sweet sparrow-I have two crowns on my front teeth -the first one was done by my previous dentist who was good -but then he left a few years back and had another dentist take over his patients
    -well I hate to tell you a horror story but the dentist screwed up my crown-marginal difference he was off -he did it In sept and by dec I tried to tell him something was wrong -but alas he didnt believe me
    -so found a new dentist after i left him crying one day -but them 6 months had gone by -I askd him for the money for a new crow as hubbies work woulnt provide coverage so lose togther -so he wrote me a check for 1,000
    new dentist put second one in april-but even thou she gave me a new crown damage had occurred-so I needed gum surgery to remove some bone in oct
    -and i have to live with a dry mouth sometimes and my gum above the crown swells the odd time to -and I have to ease it with a prescripton rinse

-i wish i never let this dentist from out of Canada(he came from another country) -take me on as the other one left
    -oh please research the dentist you are having to do your crown -unless you have had them for years
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 20th, 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sweet sparrow hope you and your LO feel better soon hugs and fingers crossed your dh doesn't get it.
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OH J&C, I'm glad to hear your surgery went smoothly and that your arms can be dealt with another way. Take good care! We're all thinking about you!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi ya everyone,

My gullbladder is gone and I'm feeling pretty good but can feel the meds running out so took Motrin and will take prescription pain killers at 8pm with bells on

My underarm did not get done but he told me this before heading into the OR, he said that he spoke with a dermatologist who I will be seeing sooner rather than later .

On another subject with respect to not saving for later in life, I agree it's never too early. BUT I truly believe that unfortunately we live in a world where people regardless of their age "believe they are entitled" I know some generations are more guilty than others.

My inlaws don't do without anything (what I mean is if they want something they just buy it) but have nothing to show for their livelyhoods, however, they don't live in luxury but have rather made many poor choices over and over again BUT sadly they have nothing to show for their careers/working as they are both retired, they have pissed away all monies over the years on various things. FIL will stop at Timmies everytime he passes one while doing errands, etc, as much as 3 times in 1 day

They had to sell their cottage to purchase the land from us to purchase the lot from us to build their current home. They don't have a mortgage but the house they sold did not cover the cost of their new home and had to take $ out of RRSPs to payoff there new home so they wouldn't have a mortage and they purchased a truck 2nd hand from a dealer that is on payments, FIL is 63 and MIL is 58.

I apologize if the above doesn't make sense as my cognitive skills are a little off with the meds
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, this week I've been trying to get things settled for income tax. Finally, thinking that I had misplaced a summary that we get from our personal insurance co. which is crucial in figuring out our medical deductions, I called asking for a replacement. They informed me that they had not been mailed out yet and I should get it by Mar. This annoys me as I have to get both Canadian and US income tax done and after dh has his surgery on Mar. 2, I don't know how much "spare" time I'll have. I was hoping to get it done before hand.
    I got a case of the "mid-winter-blahs" this week and just had to do a little shopping to get out of the house. I really didn't buy anything but I didn't really buy anything. I finally was able to get out to get my hair "tinted" today. Now I don't feel so much like "granny grunch".

I'm debating whether to head to Kitchener tomorrow as a very good friend's father passed away this week on his 84th birthday. I'm nervous of the drive, though. DH hates funerals and did not know this gentleman so it would be me going. I would take the dogs too, as they are getting as much "cabin fever" as we all are. My friend that I would stay with has a fenced back yard and a generous supply of squirrels to chase, so they would enjoy it. But I wasn't feeling well tonight and went to be early but here I am back awake. Oh well, I'll check the weather channel tomorrow.

I have been making a couple of recipes from an old church recipe book. The last one was quite good. And they are not overwhelmingly challenging - which is right up my alley!

My dh's son has moved back to Tampa from Denver. And seems to have found himself a good job that he will be happy with. H also lives directly across a canal from the Ice Rink where his dear "Tampa Bay Lightning" plays - so he can walk to work and also entertainment - in flip-flops no less. (Well, not flip-flops to work, I guess.)

I am feeling guilty about not doing my door-to-door canvassing for Heart and Stroke but honestly, it has been SO COLD and miserable on weekends! I'm going to try to get some of it done, at least at the beginning of next week.

Well, I managed to somehow miss both lunch and supper today, so no wonder I feel a bit "off". I just had a bowl of cereal.

Good night! - Sorry to hear that Ashley has had some setbacks on her holiday but it seems to have given her some "alone" time that seems soothing.

J&C - hope your pain is managable! Take it easy.

Those of you with health challanges - I'm hoping you are all healing well!

Andit - I know what you mean about the "critters" fighting for the sunny spots. We get about a two hour window (forgive the joke) when there is a nice sunny spot on the carpet. Our doggies do not like to "touch" each other when they are sleeping so they get to have their own spot in two different rooms. With occasional "spats".

Take care! Catch up tomorrow maybe!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well the snow and cold is back this morning after a long and pleasant hiatus! Ran down to No Frills this morning and picked up some groceries-only $55 so not bad. Not much planned today-will help DD do her income tax and get back the monies deducted and review with her what courses to pick for Grade 11. Seems they have just started second semester of Grade 10 and they are expected to know what they want to study after high school already and then choose their next courses accordingly. Things have certainly changed since I went to high school eons ago!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Feb 21st, 2015 at 12:58 PM.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

A certain young lady has already taken me for two walks in the sn*wstorm. Well, our walk actually consisted of Lily dog jumping into the fresh sn*w, then whining about her feet being cold and wet and racing back inside. Sigh. It takes us longer to get ready to go out than the outing itself. Quincy cat is annoyed right now, cause he insisted on sniffing Lily dog when we came back and got a nose full of wet fur when she shook herself. The entertainment never ends around here.

Think we're going to hibernate for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information